$187 Vanguard Carbon Fiber Tripod worth the money on camofire?

TXCO

WKR
Total weight is listed at 58 ounces. Pan head. I figure it could double as shooting sticks since it extends to 5 ft tall. Shoudl I pullt he trigger if Im in the market for a tripod?

VANGUARD ALTA+ 253CT CARBON FIBER TRIPOD AND PH-21 PAN HEAD SET
The lightweight Vanguard Alta Pro 253CT Carbon Fiber tripod is a must have for the run and gun type hunter. If putting some miles off the beaten track is your game this tripod will have you light on your feet and moving quickly. This tripod has legs that are able to adjust to 25, 50, and 80 degree angles by pushing the easy release button located on the head. All weather foam grip legs and non-slip rubber feet ensuring you will be able to use this tripod on any hunt in any condition. This Camofire exclusive package is complete with the Vanguard PH-21 Pan Head making this tripod a setup with one of the smoothest heads on the market. The PH-21 pan head is lightweight and easy to use. It has many different panning movements that suit different needs and its two bubble level provide a precise and easy 360 panorama movements.

Total weight is listed at 58 ounces. Pan head. I figure it could double as shooting sticks since it extends to 5 ft tall. Shoudl I pullt he trigger if Im in the market for a tripod?

VANGUARD ALTA+ 253CT CARBON FIBER TRIPOD AND PH-21 PAN HEAD SET
The lightweight Vanguard Alta Pro 253CT Carbon Fiber tripod is a must have for the run and gun type hunter. If putting some miles off the beaten track is your game this tripod will have you light on your feet and moving quickly. This tripod has legs that are able to adjust to 25, 50, and 80 degree angles by pushing the easy release button located on the head. All weather foam grip legs and non-slip rubber feet ensuring you will be able to use this tripod on any hunt in any condition. This Camofire exclusive package is complete with the Vanguard PH-21 Pan Head making this tripod a setup with one of the smoothest heads on the market. The PH-21 pan head is lightweight and easy to use. It has many different panning movements that suit different needs and its two bubble level provide a precise and easy 360 panorama movements.

Thanks for posting this. I have the same question. I want to get a good one. Is this worth it?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a vanguard tripod last year, Espod 233CB. Very happy with it and did use it for shooting sticks. I don't have the specs handy, but you can look them up.

The Vanguards are decent tripods but not as nice as some others. I carry the Alta + 225 on my site because it is one of the lighter carbon fiber tripods on the market and is a decent price. The build quality is good but they aren't as sturdy as other high end carbon fiber tripods. On the head the PH-21 is pretty decent for being lightweight and panning smoothly.

Steve

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
Robby, What head did you use for shooting sticks? Are any of the legs removable to save weight if thats what you prefer?

The folded size 23" by the way and tripod only weight is 2.8 lbs. It does have a weight hook.

I go on about 1 back country hunt a year and do various other scouting/photos. It seems like it would be a nice mix of all things even though its a little heavier than some. Being able to use as shooting sticks as well had some nice appeal for anytime I take a gun.

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
I guess the real question for me is, at the price for the features is it worth it?

littlebuf

Banned
its too late now but if I was looking for a tripod I would have picked that one up solely on the price point. decent tri pod, good weight and great price. so did you get it?

TEmbry

WKR
I bought that about 6 months ago on camo fire. Great tripod. Pans smoothly on the head too. There are some slightly lighter.... But they are atleast double the money. I'm happy w the purchase

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
Yes I picked it up. Figured at the least it was worth a try and when i take my dad hunting we can use it as a good rifle rest as well.