19 gillette wy tagged up land blm vs trespass

HiZ

FNG
Tagged up on unit 19
Looking on information of anyone that can help on the area for private ranchers allowing a trespass fee
Also anyone on blm east of 59 in the upper nw corner of the zone.

This is my rookie Wyoming hunt, otherwise it's been Montana!
Glad to learn and appreciate the help from anyone with positive advice
f95aba232d89108ed4f38107efab49ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The BLM on 59 gets hit hard by deer and antelope hunters, probably because of the close proximity to Gillette. Parking lot on 59 is usually full of trucks. I tried to hunt it in years past and there were orange hats on every vantage point.

SD Hunter

FNG
The only time I have tried hunting that piece I kept running into people from Gillette out there walk/hiking their dog. It was frustrating for me but I am glad people are out using their public land!

OP
H

HiZ

FNG
Public land for all of us for sure, but what about the deep sections that seem to have no access to the east?

I'm thinking of full back country pack in/out and from what i read all is okay accept on state lands for overnight.

Anyone chime in

The 2 years that I was there I ran into hunters with a camp and horses 3 or 4 miles in. May not be there this year, but that was what I found.

204guy

WKR
Better plan on carrying all your water for however long your back there

The 2 years that I was there I ran into hunters with a camp and horses 3 or 4 miles in. May not be there this year, but that was what I found.

They were more than likely elk hunting. There have been elk killed on the more "remote" areas on those parcels.

ClearCreek

SD Hunter

FNG
When I hunted that piece there was 3 other camps in there and each camp had 3-4 guys in it. And I think I seen one antelope in 5 days of hunting that piece.

OP
H

HiZ

FNG
Grey double lines?
This is the South mid section
7dfde9f1b6f78682a22abf984f44308a.jpg

OP
H

HiZ

FNG
I'm not liking the on x system
Been on base map and seems more adapt

Any advice on other spots or back country camp area, am I reading it correctly not to tent in areas

Scorpion

WKR
I think you have a good plan for that section of BLM, expect a lot of vehicles near 59. Goats will quickly get pushed to private or deep into BLM on opening day. Pack in a day early and bring lots of water.