19 preference points in Colo. Need some help from the Rokslide crew.

Werty

WKR
Let me ask you a question. If the tables were turned and I asked you the same question. What would your answer be?

OP
fletcherchip
Well... For years I have been on the track for Unit 2 4th season. The bucks coming out of there and the low tag numbers for the unit had me thinking it was a sure thing. In the past few years I have watched the population fall and the maturity range follow. I would still be very happy to see any of those bucks on the ground. As I really get close to pulling the trigger on this hunt I am having trepidation about it. 19 years of second guessing myself... I'm fully aware that this is a good problem to have.

FNG
I agree with the above poster 44 4th in 2021 when they roll back the dates if you are able to hunt on and around Thanksgiving. It only gives you five days, but it should be a good five days!

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Rfw to easy??? That's funny if you wanted a hard hunt why did you save 19 pp?

IanCOLO

FNG
Well... For years I have been on the track for Unit 2 4th season. The bucks coming out of there and the low tag numbers for the unit had me thinking it was a sure thing. In the past few years I have watched the population fall and the maturity range follow. I would still be very happy to see any of those bucks on the ground. As I really get close to pulling the trigger on this hunt I am having trepidation about it. 19 years of second guessing myself... I'm fully aware that this is a good problem to have.
Should spend some time in unit 2 glassing this winter since it’s not that far away. That way you could see if there are any bucks that are worth dumping your points on or not.

Vids

WKR
If it were me, I would go with 44 or 66 in 4th season. The bucks will be lower in the BLM stuff then, snow shouldn't be a huge issue. I'd recommend having an ATV to get through rough and slick roads but you should be fine.