hobbes

WKR
Well, you would need a DOPE card using the angle of the sun at the time of day and the degrees of your heading. This would give you the MIL/MOA adjustment of the bill to properly block the sun from your eyes while shooting the rifle they just sent you yesterday 1200yds at that pronghorn.
I thought a dope card let you buy items for medicinal use. A dope card will no longer be needed in MT before too long. November cleared the way for recreational use.

You left out the use of the word "content". It's a favorite of YouTube channels everywhere.

Now I need to look back at any of my threads and see if I've been "running" anything. If so, I need to rethink how I hunt.

Wapiti1

WKR
Well, you would need a DOPE card using the angle of the sun at the time of day and the degrees of your heading. This would give you the MIL/MOA adjustment of the bill to properly block the sun from your eyes while shooting the rifle they just sent you yesterday 1200yds at that pronghorn.
Cut that turret and send it. Just hope conditions don't change or you'll need a new turret.

Jeremy

hobbes

WKR
you ain't got nothing on us here in Oregon.... people can legally have any street drugs there are... you guys are so behind the times:rolleyes:

We'd be farther behind if left up to me, but I'm old fashion. The only thing I've been "running" is my bird dogs (not nearly enough), I wouldn't be caught dead with a flat bill and I'm partial to .5 mm more in a hunting rifle. 😁

this thread has brought the term "running" to my attention (already knew it was over used, but not to the extent it is!) funny as hell.... everyone is "running" everything, haha. midwest lingo culture has snuck it's way into western hunting lingo in a profound way it seems 😆

i'm going to have to pay attention to myself, because i will kick myself in the nuts if i start doing it

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Since next year will be my first time ever elk hunting do I need to upgrade my camo to sitka so I'm running matching camo? Do I get the flatbill hat before or after the hunt? I'm confused can someone help this flatlander from the Midwest out?

Fitzwho

WKR
Dang it. I might be one of those guys that has somehow picked up “running”. Is it okay if I didn’t mean to? I don’t know how this actually happened...

“Shooter” I might be slightly guilty of as well. But it looks like I need to spread the use of it around a little more per the OP. Hmm...

Those and the whole not drawing a sheep tag should be the only ones I’m sticking with for 2021.

My wife is running some shooter boobs and my 3 year old is running a custom huffy covered in fly fishing stickers.

kentuckybowman

Lil-Rokslider
I love this post

I predict all the same except lulu lemon may add a hunting line for the man buns.

and more YouTube wanna bes telling everyone to come hunt out west

oh and probably more and more crowds
the 6.5 creedbun flatbill carbon with titanium reinforcing superstructure.

MeatBuck

WKR
1. California will be running a drought.
2. I will not draw a premium tag.
3. I will scout bucks for three months that will disappear come rifle season and reappear shortly after it’s over.
4. Fires and covid bs will totally dick my hunt plans.
5. Opening day will bring twelveteen new trucks to the trailhead.
6. US will still be running an ammo shortage.
7. I will struggle to wipe my ass with tp on a regular basis.
8. All gun powder will be referred to as unicorn dust.
9. Look for Joe Biden to stick his nose where it doesn’t belong.
10. B zone tags will sell out and the burn area will be a dust cloud of Toyota pickups and 4runners.
11. Watch out for terms like “hammer buck”, “great dudes”, “Extended range”, and “smash the like and subscribe buttons”.
12. Meat will find its way into my freezer despite it all.

Last edited:
  1. Look for the word "running" to be applied to any and every piece of gear, hunting and not. "I'm running a Bolivian Bandit Extreme bino harness, with tenterhooks." "I'm running a 6.6 Creedmost with a Celestron telescope, accurized by 'Creed' from 'The Office.'" "I'm running Attack pants while sitting here waiting for a shooter buck." "My ten month old is running Pampers." "I'm running coarse grind Alpha Male coffee in my breakfast hydration vessel."
  2. Look for "Breakfast hydration vessels" to replace coffee cups. The new BHVs will be titanium with half-handles.
  3. Look for a YouTube video and channel dedicated to each and every general deer hunt in the state of Montana. Every one. All 960,450 of them.
  4. Look for carbon fiber hat bills to find their way into the hunting cap market, to ensure flatness and resist warp due to temp extremes. "I'm running a CF bill on my cover set at a firm zero degrees."
  5. Look for Amazon to acquire OnX and GoHunt.
  6. Look for your OnX and GoHunt accounts to be hacked by Canadians and receive blackmail messages threatening to disclose where you've been and what units you are researching.
  7. Look for hyper-increased useage of the words "trash", "bladed" and "sick" when describing antlers. A 12 year old 'harvesting' his/her first buck will say to his bewildered grandfather, "This one point was a shooter, just look at his bladed main beams and all that sick trash on his bases, now I have to do homework, I'm running American history tonight."
  8. Look for tighter camouflage.
  9. Look for puffier jackets.
  10. Look for Remington to be sold three more times.
  11. Look for an oiled, trimmed beard to become mandatory for hunting, a hunter's education certificate and an oiled, trimmed beard will find themselves in the regulations. Under-age hunters and women are to purchase faux hipster beards until they may grow their own.
  12. Look for bankruptcies in the wool, plaid, and compass industries.
  13. Look for me to not draw a sheep tag.
  14. Look for the word 'shooter' to finally once and for all replace the word 'nice.' "Shooter buck." "Shooter bull." "Shooter tom." "Shooter ram." "Shooter sunrise." "Shooter oyster shooters." "Have a shooter day." "Shooter boobs."
  15. Lastly, people will get angry at this post and I'll take it down tomorrow.
LOL! This made my morning.

2ski

WKR
I didn't read the thread but I'm up for using shooter boobs. And I'd like to see many pairs in 2021. Lol

Poser

WKR
There will no backpacks, only “pack systems”

“What system is everyone running on their backs?”

Will bino harness follow suit and also become
“Systems”?

We’ll be DIY seam sealing everything.

The owner of T&K hunting gear is gonna throw a very public temper tantrum when most of Rokslide criticizes the design of what appears to be the worst gaiter design ever conceived?

54c66accd16b2dec2ca7e671add22c2f.jpg

dtrkyman

WKR
I will be running running shoes when I run the mountain all summer. am I allowed to say that?