1P or 2P Floored Tent

rootacres

WKR
So i just wrapped up one of two trips for this fall and I’m already thinking about next years intended trip. So it’ll be just for me to sleep in, I’m open to a 1P or 2P. I’ll be in AZ so I don’t want critters trying to cuddle with me. So I will need a full nest type shelter. My cimarron doesn’t do me any good. I’m looking at the KUIU 1P tent but want to here what everyone is using. I’d prefer to have it be on the lighter side and I don’t need it to be 4 season.

CO-AJ

WKR
Get the SO LBO nest. It will fit easily inside the Cim and is plenty of room for 1. That is my setup, forget the full nest. My DCF Cim shelter with carbon fiber center pole, and LBO nest weighs nothing, im guessing no more than 2.5 lbs for all 3 pieces.

My wants and needs sort of run with yours.

I was looking at the Zpacks Duplex and the Dan Durston X-Mid Tent. Zpacks is more expensive and weighs less. The Durston is heavier but cheaper.

Cant go wrong with any Big Agnes tent. Ive ran a Fly Creek UL for 3 fire seasons and had 0 issues which is more use than most back country hunters will put on a tent in its entire lifetime. Real world weight on a scale with the optional footprint it just over 3#. Only downside for some folks is it not a true freestanding tent. At a minimum you have to stake out the foot end of it

prm

WKR
Hilleberg Allak 2 is a nice tent. They have a 1p version as well called the Suolo. These are free standing, there are other versions as well.

the hack

WKR
Was in the same boat. Was patient and got a Zpacks Duplex off eBay. Love how it uses a single trekking pole and weighs nothing. 20200808_065650.jpg

TAGPUNCHER

Lil-Rokslider
Look up Mier, I have the 2 man cloud and love it. They were sued by Nemo I believe for copyright infringement but that isn't OUR problem. Lots cheaper. Have been in pretty nasty weather elk hunting and it held up fine. NOT sure if it is up to Alskan standards but I will have it with me as a spike camp. Weighs 2.9 lbs with poles.