1st ever Antelope hunt....best piece of advice I may not have read or watched

bosands

FNG
I drew a doe Antelope tag this year and will be heading out for rifle season in beginning of Oct. Just looking for anything else that will help.

thanks

sndmn11

WKR
Skinned and in the cooler ASAP, like minutes not hours, and it will be the best meat around.
Stick one with pronged horns, it will make the hunt more challenging.

The antelope country I have hunted lacked trees...learn to shoot off sticks or tall bipod...prone works if the sage isn't too high. Good Luck!

get high, keep off ridge lines and glass, once you find one you want too shoot plan a covered stalk utilizing the available land scape and what cover there is, nothing like chasing the speed goats. Good luck on your hunt.

Knee pads aand good leather glovs also watch out for the small spikey cacti and hopefully no snakes.

406life

Lil-Rokslider
It may be tricky for your first time, but you can find does that have 4" or so horns. That would be a cool euro for first time out. Check your regs on what you can shoot, and how they identify does on your license.

wapitibob

WKR
Lightweight tarp

For the first time in my life I killed a cow that died in an area with no trees nor brush. 4” tall grass was it. I’ve never carried a tarp but won’t go without one now; what a fuggin dirt and grass covered mess.

Rich M

WKR
I carried a tarp as well - Walmart has these blue 5x7 nylon ones in a little bag - worked great. Some guys carry a sheet of tyvex scrap from construction site or a large garbage bag to lay parts & pieces on.

NoWiser

WKR
You’re going to want to find something else to hunt or do some fishing. In a lot of areas a doe antelope hunt will last about an hour, including the time it takes to butcher the antelope and carry it back to the truck.

Ive never had a doe hunt last past noon on the first day, and that was in SD.... that said, make sure you carry water.