1st Ram

BeauH

FNG
Only had a weekend to get it done and the stars aligned perfectly. Definitely got off easy with this ram bring my first hunt. Left camp around 9am back in camp by 11pm, 13 mile round trip and 2500 foot elevation climb. Ended up shooting him at 320 yards

fish and game aged him at 5 with a 36 inch right side and 34inch left side. D3C48353-4D65-4A7E-A9EC-89707A592A82.jpeg

Seriously can’t believe we made it happen in 1 day but we knew sheep would be in this particular area so we made the hike in.

Put up some side shots, I find it hard to believe a 5 year old is full curl. Just looking at your pic I'm pretty sure I see at least 6 rings. Fish and Game isn't 100% accurate either, depending on who counts the rings, tooth aging is the most accurate. Either way congrats on getting a Ram!

NUGGET

WKR
Congrats on the ram! Thanks for sharing!

Put up some side shots, I find it hard to believe a 5 year old is full curl. Just looking at your pic I'm pretty sure I see at least 6 rings. Fish and Game isn't 100% accurate either, depending on who counts the rings, tooth aging is the most accurate. Either way congrats on getting a Ram!
There’s a few 5 year old full curls sealed every year. Not super common but it happens every year.

I believe we crossed paths sealing late yesterday afternoon in Palmer. I wanted to stick around but had to run to daycare. Congrats again man.

Willy

OP
BeauH

BeauH

FNG
yeah I went into the Palmer Office yesterday afternoon. As soon as I left I got called back into work 🤣. Congrats on y’alls ram too that was a nice one

Bambistew

WKR
Great ram! Congrats.

Looks 5 to me, and also FC. There are around 8-12 5yo and 40-50 6yo rams killed/sealed each year. Some areas of the state produce FC rams much younger age than others. For instance some areas of the Wrangells produce a lot of 6-7yo FC rams (and very few old rams) while some areas of the Brooks takes 8-10 years to make FC and on average have older rams. There was a paper published out of the Yukon (I believe) that looked at the longevity of rams once whey make FC size. The theory is that once they make it to that size they only live a few years past. In Breaks area in MT, a large portion of the bighorn rams make it to FC at age 5-6.

Congrats again on the Ram!