1st Time Quilt Purchase

Ryan7839

FNG
How about while sleeping on a cot? We do wall tents in a few spots and I'm dragging my feet in fear of the drafts??

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
My EE Conundrum has a foot box sewn in so its kinda a hybrid , and the Covert has a great cinch and snap to close it up tight. I too was worried about drafts . Ive got a Thermarest Ultralight cot but haven't used it yet but don't for see any issues

I have used a wide EE Revelation 20 degree quilt on an xtherm for a couple years now and have been comfortable down to the temperature rating with minimal base layers, but I do sleep pretty warm as a disclaimer. I had draft issues like other people on here as I move a lot in my sleep, but then I was positioning my straps incorrectly. The instructional videos on EE's website are good.

I have the EE Rev in 0, 10, 20 & 30 degrees but only pack the 0* now. Easy to vent, i never "cook" in it and recommend a Hoodlum as well. Combined with a warm pad like the EXPED UL9 you are oh so comfy. Use the straps and get the quilt that's the right size!

Read1t48

WKR
Bruce -

What temp can you go down to with a Rev. 0 and be comfortable? Do you tend to sleep with a lot of base layers? Is there a big difference in pack size between the 20 and 0?

Bruce -

What temp can you go down to with a Rev. 0 and be comfortable? Do you tend to sleep with a lot of base layers? Is there a big difference in pack size between the 20 and 0?

The quilts are true to their rating overall but since you can't make a quilt warmer, best to get one with a better temp rating than you expect to need and just vent it as needed. I generally were a single base layer of merino underneath. Sometimes I will wear gloves, not often. Knit cap or hoodlum almost always. Pack size/weight difference isn't noticeable. Nothing is more important than a good night's sleep IMHO. I also pack a Wiggy's pillow.
One night the temp dropped severly, I laid my puffies on top of the quilt and was fine.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
The bivy is only to keep the quilt a little cleaner .iIts a large one so its not to constraining. Here in Washington it tends to rain off and on. Mostly on.

bcimport

WKR
When I suggested buying for 10-20 degrees cooler than what you expect that was more subjective I suppose. I have bought sleeping bags the same way in the past as I just sleep cold in general, wasn't to infer that I'm colder in the quilt.