1st Whitetail Season - FL Panhandle

paulnack

FNG
Hello RS community. Another case of adult onset hunting here. 32 years old (as of last week) and prepping for my first white tail season. Managed without preference points to pull a couple limited entry hunts in North Florida around Tallahassee. Very excited for my first crack at big game. My hunting experience boils down to a season of small game, a fruitless spring turkey season, and a couple years spearfishing. About to move from Fort Lauderdale to Colorado, so I'm excited for an exponential increase in hunting opportunity.

Already this forum has proven to be a bountiful wealth of info. Particularly in choosing a rifle. Picked up a used Savage 16 Lightweight in .308 with a Weaver 3-10x40. Time at the range is promising but still lots to learn. I'm sure much of that will be sourced here.

Welcome aboard! I started hunting at 35 so you're in good company. I can't believe all the great info here and community is pretty dang cool, not a lot of ego and crap flinging like on other forums. Good luck!