2-10 power scopes

Good morning y’all! I am looking for a scope for my 6.5 Creedmoor which is used primarily for hunting in Pa. looking at the Leupold VX5 HD, Vortex Razor HD LH( discontinued model) and the Maven RS2. All 2-10 power varieties. Any input and experience is appreciated.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you considered the Steiner GS3 2-10x42 - 4A #5009? Normally $879.99, on sale for only $599.99
New 5x Zoom Range
provides sharp resolution at long distances for more accurate shooting for wide open areas.
CAT™ Color Adjusted Transmission
amplifies contrast in the peak human vision sensitivity range, to spot game in any environment.
Steiner Plex S1 Reticle
help determine holdover for distance and cascading dots/lines compensate for wind.
Steiner 4A Reticle
provides a simple, uncluttered aiming tool
Short Mounting Length
of just 5.4 inches for mounting on short actions, muzzleloaders or lightweight mountain rifles.
Rugged 30mm Tube
milled from solid aluminum stock so there are no welds or seams, for greater strength and durability.
Waterproof/Fogproof
durable construction you can trust to stand up to any cold or wet condition.

cal30_sniper

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second the GS3. I've got two, a standard reticle that's mounted on my .270 Husqvarna, and another with the ballistic reticle on my .50 Muzzleloader. Exceptionally clear glass, great FOV, and very quick on 2X power.

One was purchased from Cameraland, and the other was on sale at DVOR. I've also got a VX-5HD, but simply don't see it being worth the extra $$$ compared to Cameraland's sale price.

Schaaf

WKR
I think the Maven is a step below the other 3 mentioned. Still a good and lightweight scope, but the other 3 are better.

I have the maven scope and a Nikon monarch 2.5-10. I think both are great and the glass is clear for me. I really like the 2/2.5 on the low end and the 10 is plenty of power. I’ve yet to hunt with the maven but have taken quite a few animals over the past several years with the Nikon. I’m not a great judge of glass but the maven is fine. I’ve had the razor 3-15 lwh as well and and the 2.5 scopes are just as clear. I have a vortex viper and both the Nikon and maven scopes are clearer/have better eye relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add to the mix sightron s tac 2-10x32 30mm tube. Yes it’s discontinued but opticplanet have it. Made in Japan and weight 16oz glass quality same as VX3I.
Otherwise definitely call Dough and get GS3.

CoStick

WKR
I have a 1.5-8x32 vortex with the G4 reticle, same model you are already looking at. You should look at them for your use as well. Great scope and reticle

OP
Bayouboy76
I have a 1.5-8x32 vortex with the G4 reticle, same model you are already looking at. You should look at them for your use as well. Great scope and reticle
How is the low light performance on that 32mm?

CoStick

WKR
How is the low light performance on that 32mm?
The glass is really nice and I haven’t had an issue but I also haven’t sat in a tree stand in the forest at dark. I liked the first one so much I picked up another. Robby Denning on here has a good review on it as well.

Last edited:

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Add to the mix sightron s tac 2-10x32 30mm tube. Yes it’s discontinued but opticplanet have it. Made in Japan and weight 16oz glass quality same as VX3I.
No its made in the Philippines
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Razor HD LH 2-10x40. Got it on a closeout for $350 too. Natchez has the Veracity 2-10x42 on sale also for $350ish.

Last edited:

Totoro

WKR
Depending on budget and if you plan to twist knobs.

That said, SHV 42mm is a close contender albeit not the exact power range.

And we all know you can count on Optics Planet to have in stock what they have listed in stock.

Love my Razor HD LH 2-10x40. Got it on a closeout for $350 too. Natchez has the Veracity 2-10x42 on sale also for $350ish.
I have one of those Veracity scopes and like it quite a bit. It's very well worth the money. It's not a lightweight though.

Cervid

FNG
I was going to go with the Maven rs2 until I found out how short the eye relief is, so instead got the Vortex Razor 1.5-8. To my eyes it is sufficient through legal shooting light. If I had to do it again though I would probably just get the 2-10 instead. The difference between 1.5 and 2 is not that big a deal for close range shooting, nor is the weight difference, and I feel like 10x vs 8x does make a bit of a difference at long ranges.

TN2shot07

WKR
+1 on the VX5

I love the glass on mine. No experience with the Maven scopes but I love my bumps from them

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of those Veracity scopes and like it quite a bit. It's very well worth the money. It's not a lightweight though.
No its not light. Its a pig for a 2-10x42. That it the main reason i went with the Razor LH on my NULA and a STAC on my Mountaineer. The STAC 3-16 is just as heavy but i also got more magnification.