2.5-15x: The ideal hunting scope?

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I have no doubt this will start an argument but I think the 2.5-15X is the best magnification range for the average shooter. 2.5x is ideal for dangerous game and heavy timber hunting. After 15x the FOV is too narrow for most hunters to properly use. Agree or disagree?

Also, have a happy Fourth of July.

amassi

WKR
Isn't there a work around for the "tight" fov using a smaller zoom range. 4x zoom would be great
2-8x36
3-12x44
4-16x44
5-20x50
Built with a usable ffp reticle and good elevation turret and your set.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I have been pretty happy with my mk 5 3.6-18x lightwieght, short, very clear glass and ffp.

That being said I would like to find a 3-18x in a 30mm, ffp, 40 to 44mm objective, zero stop, possibly lockable caps like the vortex razor lht, lightweight, short w parallax adj. And possibly I'll.

If I could get the smaller 15x lht in ffp or a scope between the two lht scopes already made like the above I would be very happy

I have no doubt this will start an argument but I think the 2.5-15X is the best magnification range for the average shooter. 2.5x is ideal for dangerous game and heavy timber hunting. After 15x the FOV is too narrow for most hunters to properly use. Agree or disagree?

Also, have a happy Fourth of July.
I agree as long as there isn’t a big compromise in usability due to the larger mag range, I would rather have a 3-10 or 12x that’s easy to get behind… in a perfect world, 2.5-15x is an awesome mag range for any hunting I would ever do… sub 30oz, reliable with a 40-44mm objective and a good hunting reticle, it’s a hugely popular optic

CCH

WKR
I'm a 2.5-8 guy. If you can pack that magnification into a scope the size and weight of my VX-3i and not give up anything optically, I'm all for it -- don't need 15x, but won't turn it down.

I’d rather have a scope with a big eye box than a scope with lots of magnification. It seems the more x, the more critical eye relief can be. I also don’t like a top-heavy rifle, so I keep my scopes light.

I use a lot of fixed 4x and 6x scopes. The highest magnification I have on a big game rifle is 10x in a variable scope. My coyote calling rifle has a 4-12x variable. I would use less if I didn’t take it out looking for chucks every now and again.

Mojave

WKR
Swarovski used to make something like a 1.7-10. I think it is a 1.7-13 now.

That is an all around scope. Yours is close Tract, but not perfect.