2-blade vs 3-blade mechanicals

I've been shooting 3-blade original Spitfires (100 gr) starting in 2017. Great flight, sharp blades, accuracy, quiet in the quiver and in flight, and most importantly they are durable. So far I have had pass throughs on a Tule elk, two Coues bucks, a couple nice black bears, a lynx and a Stone ram. On a large polar bear I got 29" of penetration into the far shoulder and a dead bear in less than 8 seconds. All blades survived just fine....I re-sharpen them on my Chef's Choice 120 electric diamond wheel kitchen sharpener. I haven't bent a ferrule on the heads either.

OP
Wyatt.Carter
I tried an Ulmer Edge (2-blade 1.5" cut) a few years ago on a big bull. Shot was quartering away from the right side, so liver and one lung most likely. It also blew through the offside humerus bone on exit. It was near last light and we lost blood in the dark so came back in the morning. Well, that bull bedded down and the wound sealed up. Not another drop of blood after he bedded. This was his bed.
View attachment 168596
Man that sucks! Has there ever been any legit test on 2vs3 blade cuts and their ability to clot up..? I realize it's possible with whatever you shoot and shot placement is key but I have to believe a 2blade cut is more likely to self seal than a 3?? Like a giant papercut

CJF

WKR
“Do you want a little sliver, or a T3 chunk?”
just kidding. I don’t agree with that logic. Back when Rage first came out I killed around a dozen whitetail with 3 blade then switched to 2 blade and killed about the same number with them. Since I’ve shot a lot of other 2 blade with the only exception being the T3.
Shot placement being the same I have always had better blood trails with 2 blade.

OP
Wyatt.Carter
“Do you want a little sliver, or a T3 chunk?”
just kidding. I don’t agree with that logic. Back when Rage first came out I killed around a dozen whitetail with 3 blade then switched to 2 blade and killed about the same number with them. Since I’ve shot a lot of other 2 blade with the only exception being the T3.
Shot placement being the same I have always had better blood trails with 2 blade.
Interesting.. you think due to larger cut diameter?

I shot close to 30 deer with the T3 before switching to a 2 blade Rage and I have no intentions of switching to anything else.
I'm another non fan of the Ulmer design.

JAD915

Lil-Rokslider
I've had great results with NAP Killzones. They fly very well, and I've never had one deploy during flight. However, just like you said, shot placement is really the only thing that really matters.