2" feathers..

Wrench

I decided to give the 2" Rayzrs a go. I built a few and loaded up a zwickey delta which I figured would walk that arrow around like a dog on a leash.....not even close.

We've had some pretty serious wind here and I wanted to test fly some in the breeze. The 2" fly like darts and had no trouble keeping the big delta on target.

Anyone else using these?

maxpetros

Yes I am with great results as well. I've used both 2 inch 4 fletch and 3 inch 3 fletch as they're both fantastic. Definitely better in crosswinds and still stabilize large broadhead and fly like darts

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wrench

I'm running 3x 2". I'd have never believed it.

maxpetros

I'm running 3x 2". I'd have never believed it.
What's your arrow setup? I've found a lot of truth to high FOC arrows working better with smaller feathers and I've seen first hand how poor 5 inch feathers do on my arrows. I'm running full length gold tip hunters with 350 grains up front for ~26% FOC. So not into the EFOC realm but definitely up there

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wrench

I'm running 400 GT trads at 31.5", aluminum inserts and 180gr heads. Arrows weigh 500 grains +/-.

This is with my stalker 51#@28" longbow. I will give them a push with hatfield takedown 55# bow. They tendto shoot the same arrows well.

I was shooting 29.5" 100 gr insert and 160gr heads with 3x 5"....and they are hammers.

The 2" are certainly quiet.

Rod in SC

I use 3 3" feathers. I use the feathers from the turkeys I kill and using 3 inch allows me to fletch a whole arrow with one full length feather. Works great even with big broadheads

DenverBulls

I ordered some of the new trad vanes in 3 inch. Plan to try 4*90 fletch when they arrive.

Wojo14

I use everything. In saying this, I always find the 2” razer to be awsome. I shoot them a lot. 4 fletch. I also found that when your FOC goes above 20%, the less feather the better.

freshta

Hey guys...anybody here who bought the AAE trad vanes have a review of them? Looks like they sold out of the 3” according to their website.

DenverBulls

I’ve run the 4 inch vane in several configurations (shelf, elevated rest, 3 fletch, 120/75 and 90 4 fletch). As well as off wrap and off shaft. I can’t seem to get them to not kick high a bit coming out, but they always make it to their intended destination, they do group with my feathers (maybe a touch high), and they are silent mid flight.