2" feathers..

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
Hey North Idaho; Do you get good BH flight fletching them straight like that?

Everything I've ever seen indicates better BH flight if you impart spin to the arrow in flight....especially with a BH.

>>>>>>>>>

I fletched my last set of arrows straight and they fly just as good and are a little more quite. The natural curve of the feather creates plenty spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Jeepers. I used to shoot 5-1/2" high profile shields. I switched to 5" normal shield and thought they looked small. Then in 2019 I made a dozen Victory VAP Elites using 4" shield and those look reeeely small....for me. I've seen some 2" fletch on hunting arrows but i had to wear glasses.....

v5ghXO2l.jpg
Try em, if you can get used to them, you'll like em, especially in a cross wind!

Try em, if you can get used to them, you'll like em, especially in a cross wind!

I'm completely happy with my 4" x 3 setup. Arrow flight is as perfect as I've ever experienced. Considering the expense of the arrows I'm currently shooting, I'll stay with what's working so well.

oldgoat

WKR
I'm completely happy with my 4" x 3 setup. Arrow flight is as perfect as I've ever experienced. Considering the expense of the arrows I'm currently shooting, I'll stay with what's working so well.
Yeah, I understand that, I didn't strip old arrows to try either, still hunted with some 5" this past deer season, cause they were fletched and in good shape, but if I get new arrows for that bow,v they will be fletched short, plus it's cheaper, bought a chopper and I can usually get three feathers from each full length feather and I'm really cheap so that's another plus, lol!

Ddog

WKR
I'm with Kevin on the bigger feathers. I have a bunch of carbons with 4" and they fly well, but I'm shooting mostly home-rolled woodies again lately and my 5" feathers do me just fine. No doubt the shorties work, but I like a big, pretty fletch to see my arrows fly and hit.