2" feathers..

Wrench

WKR
I decided to give the 2" Rayzrs a go. I built a few and loaded up a zwickey delta which I figured would walk that arrow around like a dog on a leash.....not even close.

We've had some pretty serious wind here and I wanted to test fly some in the breeze. The 2" fly like darts and had no trouble keeping the big delta on target.

Anyone else using these?

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I am with great results as well. I've used both 2 inch 4 fletch and 3 inch 3 fletch as they're both fantastic. Definitely better in crosswinds and still stabilize large broadhead and fly like darts

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
I'm running 3x 2". I'd have never believed it.
What's your arrow setup? I've found a lot of truth to high FOC arrows working better with smaller feathers and I've seen first hand how poor 5 inch feathers do on my arrows. I'm running full length gold tip hunters with 350 grains up front for ~26% FOC. So not into the EFOC realm but definitely up there

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
I'm running 400 GT trads at 31.5", aluminum inserts and 180gr heads. Arrows weigh 500 grains +/-.

This is with my stalker 51#@28" longbow. I will give them a push with hatfield takedown 55# bow. They tendto shoot the same arrows well.

I was shooting 29.5" 100 gr insert and 160gr heads with 3x 5"....and they are hammers.

The 2" are certainly quiet.

Wojo14

WKR
I use everything. In saying this, I always find the 2” razer to be awsome. I shoot them a lot. 4 fletch. I also found that when your FOC goes above 20%, the less feather the better.

freshta

WKR
Hey guys...anybody here who bought the AAE trad vanes have a review of them? Looks like they sold out of the 3” according to their website.

I’ve run the 4 inch vane in several configurations (shelf, elevated rest, 3 fletch, 120/75 and 90 4 fletch). As well as off wrap and off shaft. I can’t seem to get them to not kick high a bit coming out, but they always make it to their intended destination, they do group with my feathers (maybe a touch high), and they are silent mid flight.

DOESLAYER

Lil-Rokslider
Been interested in running 2" feather's just the thread needed to push me into giving them a try.

🏹

oldgoat

WKR
Haven't gone that short on hunting arrows, but started using some 2.5" high backed shields a couple years ago and love them!IMG_20181012_144823824_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_191950087.jpg
    IMG_20200206_191950087.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 12
Jeepers. I used to shoot 5-1/2" high profile shields. I switched to 5" normal shield and thought they looked small. Then in 2019 I made a dozen Victory VAP Elites using 4" shield and those look reeeely small....for me. I've seen some 2" fletch on hunting arrows but i had to wear glasses.....

v5ghXO2l.jpg

Is that name indicative of your location? I'm not far from spokane and have zero trad guys around to shoot with. Have you seen any groups in this area?

Yes, I’m in Post Falls. There aren’t a ton of trad dudes around, I only have one good friend who does it, and he’s what I’d call “part-time” trad. Other than that, the Coeur d’Alene Bowmen have trad night every Wednesday night, which I’ve only been to once, but it was really fun.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wrench

WKR
Good to know. Thanks. It would be worth the drive for me to go shoot with some others. I've been shooting theese for decades and I have never shot with another trad guy.

Beendare

WKR
Hey North Idaho; Do you get good BH flight fletching them straight like that?

Everything I've ever seen indicates better BH flight if you impart spin to the arrow in flight....especially with a BH.

>>>>>>>>>

I still have some 5” 3-fletch arrows around, I can’t tell a bit of difference between the way the two of them fly honestly. I like the 2” feathers because they’re easy to waterproof, and if they get wet it barely affects the arrow at all. Actually, I don’t think it affects the arrow fight one bit when they’re wet. It does on the 5” feathers somewhat.

I like 4 feathers at 90 degrees just because I can put them on the string and it makes zero difference how the fletchings line up.

Then again, I bareshaft with my broadheads before fletching and they fly just fine...