2 Jakes, 1 Hen

Jakes facing you, hen facing away.
Basically, the gobblers will approach the jakes from the front, facing them, allowing you the opportunity to draw unnoticed, or they will approach the hens from the rear (for obvious reasons) thus allowing you to draw unnoticed as well.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
15ish is fine, don't be afraid to go closer like 10.

With that said I wouldn't run two jakes.

trkyslr

WKR
8 yards is where I place my Jake.... Be careful putting out 2 jakes decoys cuz a solo Tom might see them and shy away cuz sometimes groups of jakes chase off toms. Me personally I'd go with one Jake.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
One jake and one hen will suffice better than two jakes and one hen?

Yes, never two jakes.

No deeks, one hen, feeding hen vs upright hen, two hens, bedded hen, breading pair, submisive jake vs 3/4 strut jake vs full strut jake......it's really complicated. :)

The farthest that I run a deek is 12 yds. When running multiple deeks I run 8, 10 and 12 yards. Any male deek is ALWAYS placed facing the blind..UNLESS!!! You expect the birds to come in from behind you!!! Which is hardly ever the case. This year one hen and one jake set up has been yielding the best results. Been a weird start to the spring for us. Tornado's, hail, 60+ mph winds, rain ... AWESOME!!!

Matt Palmquist

Lil-Rokslider
I am with Justin....I typically have my decoys facing the blind, especially the hens. Also, I never put a decoy over 10 yards when bowhunting. If shotgunning, 15 is probably fine, but closer is better imo.

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
It sure feels good hunting again! Been out 3 times so far. I have 2 hen decoys facing away from the blind 6 yards away.