2 man freestanding tent options

Mosby

WKR
FWIW, Tarptent has some two man tents on sale right now for under $300. Great options.

Beendare

WKR
I can't believe you're calling all BA stuff Chinese junk, then recommending a Chinese made tipi lol.

^ then you need to take a close look at it....its poor quality. My buddy has been running one for 4 years now and it needs replacing. The BA pads have a huge failure rate. There are better options to the BA stuff ...sorry if that ruffles any feathers.

I'm a huge fan of the Tarptent stuff....I have one primary backpack tent I've used for about 15 yrs now- it won't die!

If you reread what I wrote....I didn't "Recommend" the Luna stuff....It seemed that the OP was looking for bargain priced stuff and some of their tipis are about $160- a bargain. I said, "Take a look"....I have no idea what kind of quality that Luna stuff is.....but I have had many run ins with the BA stuff...

icb12

FNG
With the requirements you posted:
I'd be looking to find a good deal on a Black Diamond HiLight or Mtn Hardwear Ghost- Id go 3 man with a ghost.
With an ebay deal or consignment shop or classifieds that price range should be attainable. Both are decent 2 man fair weather tents.

I personally haven't had good luck with MSR or BA tents.

sneaky

"DADDY"
^ then you need to take a close look at it....its poor quality. My buddy has been running one for 4 years now and it needs replacing. The BA pads have a huge failure rate. There are better options to the BA stuff ...sorry if that ruffles any feathers.

I'm a huge fan of the Tarptent stuff....I have one primary backpack tent I've used for about 15 yrs now- it won't die!

If you reread what I wrote....I didn't "Recommend" the Luna stuff....It seemed that the OP was looking for bargain priced stuff and some of their tipis are about $160- a bargain. I said, "Take a look"....I have no idea what kind of quality that Luna stuff is.....but I have had many run ins with the BA stuff...
Just like you didn't read what I said about having first hand experience with BA stuff that is a complete 180 from your experience. I have no experience with their pads because I hate vertical baffles on any pad, so I run Thermarest or Klymits. The BA tents I have owned have been problem free, and served their purpose well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk