2 people in a tarp tent rainbow?

CoStick

WKR
Has anyone slept with two people in the rainbow? Other option is the strat 2 , seems that needs a large area and AB it difficult to set up on your own. Sadly double rainbow is out of stock. Thank you

xcutter

WKR
With the floor width I would say no. You would have to spoon all night laying on your sides. Two sleeping pads wouldn't fit either. The Double Rainbow has plenty of room though.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
I would send them an email to see when the DR will be back in stock. They are usually fairly quick to respond, and when I emailed their CS a few days ago they said that NORMALLY they try to have them in stock as much as possible. I'm set on buying a DR for myself and the rare occasion my wife tags along.

• Banned
OP
C

CoStick

WKR
I would send them an email to see when the DR will be back in stock. They are usually fairly quick to respond, and when I emailed their CS a few days ago they said that NORMALLY they try to have them in stock as much as possible. I'm set on buying a DR for myself and the rare occasion my wife tags along.
Thank you, they were just in stock but I was in the mountains and they were out as quick as they came in. Hopefully they come back in soon.

ScottP

WKR
I prefer a 3 person size tent for sharing with a hunting partner that is not my wife. I just got a cloudburst 3 for a family backpacking tent. I think it’d work well for two hunters that want a little more room.
see if the extra weight is worth it for you.

I also own a bowfin 1, and if I did it over I’d probably get a double rainbow for my solo setup

• Banned
OP
C

CoStick

WKR
I prefer a 3 person size tent for sharing with a hunting partner that is not my wife. I just got a cloudburst 3 for a family backpacking tent. I think it’d work well for two hunters that want a little more room.
see if the extra weight is worth it for you.

I also own a bowfin 1, and if I did it over I’d probably get a double rainbow for my solo setup
Thank you, it would be my wife or one of my 4 & 7 year old daughters. On backcountry trips the kids sleep in one, my wife and I sleep in one. we just need to upgrade and should have purchased before donating our old tents. We have our car camp tents to fill the gap, just a bit more weight.

ScottP

WKR
Thank you, it would be my wife or one of my 4 & 7 year old daughters. On backcountry trips the kids sleep in one, my wife and I sleep in one. we just need to upgrade and should have purchased before donating our old tents. We have our car camp tents to fill the gap, just a bit more weight.
Cool. I’ve been really happy with the ease of pitching the tarptents with the arch pole vs my trekking pole supported shelters.

• Banned
OP
C

CoStick

WKR
They came back into stock today, got an order in but will take bit as I am having them seam seal it. Too busy of summer to mess with it and historically my efforts haven’t been clean.