2 people in BA fly creek

willidru

WKR
I love my fly creek for me, but taking a long weekend with the wife and I know I can fit her in with me using the vestibule for the packs. What I’m trying to figure out is the sleeping pads. Anyone fit 2 sleeping pads in a UL 2P? Right now I use the thermarest Xtherm.

mlgc20

WKR
That's a negatory good buddy. Tried it. Slept outside instead. My Fly Creek Platinum has been my primary tent for the past 7 years. But, even implying it's a 2 person shelter is near criminal.

Usi05

WKR
My first year a buddy and I shared a fly creek. I was running a Klymit pad and he was running BA pad. Believe both were 20 inches wide.

Can be done but we had all our gear outside and getting in and out was clunky.

With that said, I’m looking to buy one and use as a solo shelter bc it’s so tight with 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sektr

FNG
I suffer the extra weight of a Copper Spur 3P on solo trips because there was no way a 2P was going to fly with the girlfriend tagging along unless we wanted to sleep on top of each other, and I couldn’t bite the bullet for a second UL tent.

I’d imagine it’s worse in a Fly Creek.

lvtuna

FNG
We used a 25" and a 20" BA pad in Havasupui falls for four days. So minimal gear. With the front entry you are not sneaking out. You might accidently get a foot in your face. Very cozy.

Bkdc

FNG
This is funny. My wife is a 100 pound waif, and two of her might work. If you’re single and slender and trying to get cozy with your tentmate, it’s a great thought. I recall my night in a crazy West Virginia thunderstorm on a short backpack trip. I could hear trees falling around me after lightning strikes and left quite impressed with the Fly Creek. Although I would have carried a different tent had I known I was going to get dumped on.