2 person floored tent for tall people?

I'm 6'7" and I use the MSR Hubba Hubba NX. I don't have much extra length, but it's enough. Not the lightest, strongest, or cheapest, but does check a lot of boxes.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
I checked out a hubba hubba and fit good in it. I ran across a nest for my LBO in the classifieds here and found out that the nest only takes up half the tent so if the wife and I don’t end up fitting in the nest I can always sleep in the other half and the wife can sleep in the nest. For the price I figured it was worth a shot and if that doesn’t work I think I’m going to go with one of the tarp tents.

thanks for all the advice and help guys

I was just listening to the Exo Mtn podcast yesterday and they had the Tarptent owner on. He said in 2022 they will be coming out with new tents for people around the 7ft+ height. He said it's an untapped market. So if you have time to wait, I bet they will hook you up!

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
I was just listening to the Exo Mtn podcast yesterday and they had the Tarptent owner on. He said in 2022 they will be coming out with new tents for people around the 7ft+ height. He said it's an untapped market. So if you have time to wait, I bet they will hook you up!
Good to know. Like I said earlier we bought the next for the LBO so that should hold us over until next year. Excited to see what they come up with

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I’m not 7 feet tall, I’m not even 6 and a half feet tall but I’d love to have some extra length in a tent. I like to keep some stuff by my head when possible.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m not 7 feet tall, I’m not even 6 and a half feet tall but I’d love to have some extra length in a tent. I like to keep some stuff by my head when possible.
We have one, that will probably be fine for an 8 ft person .. using it in Alaska this year for Caribou

Also we consider the Silex good to close to 7 ft , depending on pad
Eolus several in the 6'4 6'5 area find it fine

Those are from the small foot print tents. Of course larger tents allow more

sierraj

FNG
I have a Stephenson's Warmlite 3R. Bomber tent that weights about 4lbs 5 ozs. Little heavier than the single pole or hiking pole tents, but the quality can't be beat. Mine is 20 years old and still going strong. I'm 6'4" and its got plenty of space for 2 people and gear.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'5". When I look at tents, I consider 90" the minimum length for sleeping space. Most tents tend to have 84". Width is pretty easy, go with your pad width (mine is 25", obviously 2 pads would need 50", minimum), then decide if you want open floor space in addition to that.

I have an old Golite Shangri-La 5 which is by far my favorite, but it hasn't been available for years. There are other similar pyramid tents still available, but most current 'mids don't have the nice tent-like nest of the SL5.

I also have a Mountainsmith Genesee 4, which is also discontinued, but I think the Morrison is the current model. That's what I use when my wife is along. She even prefers it to a Kodiak Flex Bow. If it's only ever going to be the 2 of you, one of the 3P models might save you some weight.

I wanted a MSR Pappa Hubba for years, but couldn't justify the price. When I looked more closely, the cheap Mountainsmith actually had better dimensions for me. Still, the MSR is a bit lighter for the premium price.

Bert Vega

FNG
Have you looked at Pomoly stove hut 70? Has a floor and stove jack. Also not very expensive, they go for $150. Just seam seal it yourself.