Sold 2 PROOF .338 (.338 Sendero taper) 28" barrels chambered in .338 Terminator FS -$100 each shipped to CONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmden

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both threaded for muzzle brakes with 5/8" x 24 threads. 28" finished.

One had about 200 rounds through it and another well under 100 rounds down the tube. I could not get either to shoot well. The one with about 200 rounds through it is sub MOA, but I'd wasted too much time and components to try and get it to shoot.

The other with less than 100 rounds through it shot OK, then it seemed the precision just dropped off significantly. After I'd already seen this with the first one, I figured I'd better cut my losses and had Shawn put a 30" Hart Sendero taper on and it's shooting very well. With very little load development it's very unusual to go over 1/2 MOA groups...hmm.

Both shot OK with some sub 1/2 MOA groups initially, just enough to keep you tantalized and working at load development, which I've heard others with PROOF barrels talk about, then I could never get that precision back.

Needless to say, thousands of dollars later, I'm no PROOF fan. But if someone wants to take a chance on these (no guarantees of any kind, period) feel free. They are just paper weights otherwise...

They are black cerakoted on the exposed metal surfaces. Very nice looking barrels.

Maybe you can get them to shoot!

There were on a Defensive Edge custom Long Action which is a Rem 700 clone. Chambered in .338 Terminator. They are 9.4 twist, cut-rifled,
the contour is what PROOF calls '.338 Sendero'.

IMG_3461.jpeg

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah proofs are garbage anymore... ove seen this exact thing with the last 4 I've gotten.. we shall see how the new 300 norma I just had Dallas lane do does.. crossing my fingers.. proofs going downhill seems like

Kasey

Status
Not open for further replies.