2 Question: Related To Holster Selection and Method of Carrying for Revolver

NDGuy

WKR
So am now in a pickle, I bought a 2.5" GP100 for carrying during the archery season. Seems outside of completely custom my options are pretty limited for compatible holsters being that I am a lefty.

Gould & Goodrich
Bianchi 6DATB
Bianchi Model 5 Black Widow
A few from HPG

So on top of my struggle to find a compatible holster for my snubby, I am curious how this would even work while backpacking. I run a MR Metcalf and have my AGC Bino Harness on as well. Where do most people holster their sidearm? On their pack belt? Shoulder holster? In between the belt and the pant sounds uncomfortable to move around in. What options have worked for you folk? I saw in a thread awhile back someone mentioned this one but that doesn't look like it will fit a sub 4" revolver.

Any other suggestions on holster choice or method of carrying?

eamyrick

WKR
Check out the options by Razco. You could run a mount attached your bino harness or just there chest mount under your harness. Seem pretty slick. I’m getting one for my 3 inch gp100 before I head to Yellowstone in June to fish.

https://www.razcogear.com/

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Check out the options by Razco. You could run a mount attached your bino harness or just there chest mount under your harness. Seem pretty slick. I’m getting one for my 3 inch gp100 before I head to Yellowstone in June to fish.

https://www.razcogear.com/
I got awhile to order so let me know how it works out for you! I think that Universal holster could work on my harness.

Although would be nice to get a holster that I can use without having the harness on.

wyodan

WKR
I'm not a lefty, but I run a 4" GP100. When I used a MR pack, the cheap holster I had just clipped on the extension between the padded part of the belt and the frame. It was very high up and hard to draw. I went to having a belt adapter for pals made, which was a better attachment, but it still rode too high for an easy draw. I'm currently running the Gunfighters Inc Micro Agression panel. It makes it easy to draw, and I still have it on when I drop my pack. I am considering one of their chest rigs though.

Trial153

WKR
I would have someone mold Krydex for it and then add any attachment point you want for it. There are tons of places doing it for short money. Goggle the model with term krydex and you will most likely find someone that has the mold already

Beckjhong

WKR
Mystery Ranch makes a revolver holster that should accommodate it. Mounts horizontally, right or left. You can mount it under your bino harness if it’s got some molle, or attach it to a pack belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy

WKR
Grab yourself a sheet of kydex and make your own. It's super easy to work with and cost less than $10.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Mystery Ranch makes a revolver holster that should accommodate it. Mounts horizontally, right or left. You can mount it under your bino harness if it’s got some molle, or attach it to a pack belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am gonna check that out, totally forgot about that one.