2 Questions about sweat and swelling.

1st) I flew on my first out of state hunt. It was 16 hrs of travel from Alabama to Alaska. I wore my crispi boots and about 3/4 of the way there my feet started killing me. When I got to my hotel my little toes where purple and feet very red. I killed a day in town with same problem. I was super worried and almost bought a new pair in Fairbanks but the ol pocket book said other wise.
Next day I was fine. My feet had just swelled up? On the way home same thing. I’ve haven’t flown much but I assume my feet will swell and I need to wear sneakers or crocks etc?

2nd) I purchased a nice pair of Hoffman pac boots before going up there. They came with two liners 200g and a ultra which I’m not sure what gram of insulation that was. We where negative temps for 9 days and I wore them for two days with very little hiking as in 1/2 mile and my feet sweat so much they where squishy and soaked. So I gave them to my guide who looked like he had put a few 1000 miles on his boots. I wore my uninsulated crispi the rest of the trip. If my feet got cold I’d eaither walk around or pull out another pair of socks which made the boots tight but worked. I don’t feel this was ideal but made the best of it.
I liked my pack boots but thought maybe my feet just don’t handle it well.

For socks I wore kuiu medium weight and darn tough medium weight with kentreck liners.
I’ve never owned insulated boots as this was my first time needing them.

Swelling is very common when flying especially after longer flights.

Sweaty feet may be due to boots not breathing.