2-weeks

keller

WKR
I have heard nothing but good about Ryan and the other 2 guides as well. I talked to A lot of clients/references that hunted with that outfit and all positive. You will have a great time.

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
hey guys, the Alaskan governor just changed the policy for non residents yesterday. Now, you must have a negative test within 72 hours of arrival.
see the alaska travel thread under caribou for info

hey guys, the Alaskan governor just changed the policy for non residents yesterday. Now, you must have a negative test within 72 hours of arrival.
see the alaska travel thread under caribou for info
Doesn't go into effect until August 11

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
Yah, unfortunately, I don't arrive in Alaska until Aug 14. Around my area, the turn around time for tests is 48 hours to 5 days or longer! Tests done the same day don't always result out on the same day.

Best wishes to those of you arriving in Alaska before Aug 11

OP
Marine4life
I took the test yesterday and they told me to expect the results in 6-7 days. Was worried I would not have the result back in time so thought it might be better to be earlier than have no result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I took the test yesterday and they told me to expect the results in 6-7 days. Was worried I would not have the result back in time so thought it might be better to be earlier than have no result.

I don't believe that will fit the criteria for getting into Alaska. Too far ahead of your flight.

i had to pull in some favors and was able to get a lab director in the area i live to commit to giving me an internal test (not sent out for testing, but done on site) and will get the results within 24 hours. In the area i live, tests are taking 7-14 days to get results right now- when they are sent out. Most hospitals also have internal tests that they are using for higher priority patients and medical professionals. Just wanted to share that - you may be able to speed up the process if you can get someone to give you and "internal test".

OP
Marine4life
I don't believe that will fit the criteria for getting into Alaska. Too far ahead of your flight.

Then my quarantine location that will be listed on their paperwork will be the Brooks Range.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Then my quarantine location that will be listed on their paperwork will be the Brooks Range.

Good plan! I read the latest options on the Alaska website and the quarantine definition is a little vague. I like your plan. I may have to quarantine in the Alaska range!

Good plan! I read the latest options on the Alaska website and the quarantine definition is a little vague. I like your plan. I may have to quarantine in the Alaska range!

This is the exact reason the rule is changing. A fairly large percentage of our test positives are coming from non-residents or are linked to travel cases. Plenty of people are coming up and "quarantining" at the fishing lodge, campground, or a relatives house. It's hasn't been working.

16 days for arriving in Fairbanks

Pixel by labCopr
Can do it with in 48 hrs 119$ fedex ..
I found a place that I can get both test done and have the results same day but I’m sure it varies by location..

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
This is what they are doing in the Bahamas as well. They are making it so if you don't fall into one of these two buckets, you won't be able to come:

1. Extremely well-connected.
2. Unlimited free time.

highstepper

Lil-Rokslider
16 days for arriving in Fairbanks

Pixel by labCopr
Can do it with in 48 hrs 119$ fedex ..
I found a place that I can get both test done and have the results same day but I’m sure it varies by location..

Pixel by LabCorp is running 2-3 days from the time the specimen is received in their lab according to this update on 7/26.: https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-home-test-kits/covid-19-test
I believe you must be sampled within 72 hours before hitting the ground in AK as of 8/11. If you have a 15 minute rapid test option (probably Abbott ID-Now), I'd go with that. Those kits have been pretty hard to come by nationally, and are projected to be tight until well into September. They are used extensively for screening patients coming into hospitals or having surgery. A lot of areas have labs that are doing testing for ambulatory surgery centers that may be able to accommodate you with a quick turnaround test.

LabCorps and Quest have been overwhelmed. Their regional labs in the South and West have been crushed, hence the long turnaround times for their routine community testing that your doctor orders.
Good luck.

OP
Marine4life
Where I was tested, total acces urgent care, they told me 7-10 days to get results back and they actually can back yesterday. Test was no cost to me except for a couple hours of my time waiting. I think I will go back and get another test next week.

I absolutely don’t want to get anyone sick but the quarantine requirement once you get to AK doesn’t make sense. Whether your staying at a lodge, hotel or with someone you know you are likely coming in some food of contact. What is the difference over me quarantining at my home before I go from the point of being tested until arrival?
It’s tough to cover every situation without banning all travel.

9 days till opener, 13 days until I'm getting out there (starting the 14th until I get a sheep or end of season)

Here is to everyone staying in one piece and getting out of the backcountry a little heavier than you came in!