20 Gauge Recommendation

Dazzler

WKR
Mainly for small game and turkeys. Currently have an old Winchester 120 Ranger 12 gauge.

Would like to have a 20. I have a TC Encore frame and have been eyeing barrels, but they seem so expensive.

Any suggestions? I've been looking at single shots so far, but selection seems limited. I am open to suggestions.

OP
D

Dazzler

WKR
Didn’t want to go over $500 but I’ll take a look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
The Franchi affinity is a good gun. Dont over look the Stoeger 3020 either. The Steven's 555 (ati cavalry) for an O/U, or a Zenith (if cdnn still has some). I've had them all, and would own them again.

And old Wingmaster is hard to beat also, if you can live with a fixed choke.

howl

WKR
Midland Backpack for a single shot. Yildiz O/U or auto if you live near an Academy Sports.

For an auto with the same safety as your Winchester, you have used Winchester, Beretta and Franchi.

archp625

WKR
I think with your budget of $500 I would look for a 870 or if you want a semi auto I would look for a used Stoeger or Franchi. Of the latter two i would go with a Franchi.

slick

WKR
Henry has a new single shot scattergun. Believe it’s below 5 bills

LaGriz

WKR
Have you considered a combo gun?

I once owned a Savage 24V Over/under in 20 gauge 3" & .357 mag I found in a pawn shop for $125.. I sold it in a weak moment several years ago for $325, and have regretted it very much. Justified the sale because I did not like the 357 chambering, and had ordered a Kimber Montana and needed the funds. Figured I would find another M 24 in a more desirable combination down the road. Didn't happen .....and now they are pricey and rare as hens teeth!

CZ also makes a over/under dual purpose gun in limited caliber options. My Ideal combo gun would be a 28 Gauge/.17 B-mag or 28 gauge and a varmint caliber like a 22/250, 204 Ruger, or a 220 swift. The closest chambering combo I have found to my liking was a 20 gauge/.223.

These little guns are awesome for small game, as camp gun, or option to carry when scouting..
LaGriz

wildcat33

WKR
Slightly above your price range (around 700) is my personal favorite: Winchester SX3. FN made in belgium. Runs and runs. Light.

Grumman

WKR
I bought my son a Browning BPS and it is a very nice gun. I enjoy shooting it.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite 20 gauge that I have for hunting is a Franchi 48al from the 70's. It weighs 5 1/4 pounds and is an absolute joy to shoot. I believe they still make it new, but you should be able to find a used one in good condition for that price range. I even shoot it during duck season for early teal and wood ducks. My second favorite is a Belgium Browning, but that is strictly a skeet and snipe gun.
80e78b85fd3f1f9c968a14d91eaa8eff.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Look at this one...https://grabagun.com/mossberg-75789-sa-20-sa-shotgun-20ga-26-5rnd.html

Nice 20 ga. semi. Read the online reviews. I have one and have been very impressed for $500...

I second the Mossberg SA20. My wife has been shooting the compact version and it’s a good little gun. Only issue we have had is cycling the cheap Walmart loads and the stock nut loosened up once. A little blue lock tite and it’s good to go. Other than the Walmart Winchester loads, it spits out everything we put through it.
I shot a friends Franchi Affinity 20 for pheasants last year and it is a sweet gun also.

SCHEZSHEK

FNG
Mainly for small game and turkeys. Currently have an old Winchester 120 Ranger 12 gauge.

Would like to have a 20. I have a TC Encore frame and have been eyeing barrels, but they seem so expensive.

Any suggestions? I've been looking at single shots so far, but selection seems limited. I am open to suggestions.

Benelli MONTY, Buy once and Cry once

Benelli Monty, buy once, cry once...

Benelli Monty, Buy/ Cry only once