2010 razors vs 2012 talon/viper hd

I have an opportunity to buy a used pair of 2010 razors or get a pair of talons hds through elknut for about the same price. Should I go with the top model used or grab the talons? Are the non hd razors going to give up that much without hd? Need some opinions before I pull the trigger.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I would take the Razors. I had a pair of that vintage (8X42) and liked everything except the diopter adjustment would pop open when they hit the saddlehorn. The Razors have never been "non-HD." 2010 Razors include ED objectives (they were called XD), and controlled CA pretty well. Razors are nice glass.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
They are part of the 1st. generation Razors, but the 2010 model had some goodies the very first Razors didn't like dielectric prism coatings.

Razors (and Vipers for that matter) have always had "XD" low-dispersion objectives.

JNDEER

WKR
You already made your purchase, but here is what I experienced.

I compared my older Razor to the HD Viper and the Viper was brighter throughout the whole picture, just a small FOV which I did not care for. I elected to keep the Razor's for the time being. Than I purchased the new Zen Ray Prime HD and they are better than the older Razor's (way brighter throughout the whole image, large FOV, light gathering at dusk and dawn was like night and day) and the Viper HD's.