2011 NV Bull

Straight6

FNG
I thought I would share a pic of my 2011 archery bull from Nevada.
IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

trkyslr

WKR
Great bull! How about some info on the hunt and the two shots? We like elk stories!

shaun

WKR
Thanks for Sharing!!! He has got to pass up the 350 class. His 3rds arnt too long but his swords are loooong

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for Sharing!!! He has got to pass up the 350 class. His 3rds arnt too long but his swords are loooong

I'm not an elk expert by any means but I'm with you Shaun, I would say bigger than 350.

Heck of a nice bull and welcome

velvetfvr

WKR

I don't see him breaking past mid 350's with such dinky 3rds. But hey, I probably would have whacked him!!!!!!

OP
S

Straight6

FNG
Thanks guys. I got lucky and pulled the tag with 4 points (I know you can hate me). Had a fantastic hunt, looked over a ton of bulls, had a 370" class bull at 100 yards for 45 minutes early in the hunt, but got pegged down by his cows. Saw this bull in my 14th day of hunting and moved in, called him in to 15 yards, I took the shot and hit him behind the shoulder, he ran off and stopped, I shot him again at 42 yards, (thats the 2nd shot far back in front of the hind quarter). I always keep shooting until any elk is on the ground, rifle or bow. He was quartering away but moved slightley at the shot so it hit farther back than I wanted. Goes to show how much an animal can move on longer shots. Arrow penetrated the length of his body and broadhead lodged in his brisket (I was shooting downhill a bit). He ended up bigger than I thought, was thinking 335" when I shot him. 55 & 56" beams, 18" royals, and 14-15" 5ths. Scored 342 5/8ths, short thirds are a killer sometimes! Doesnt matter, I'm ecstatic to have got this bull. I killed a 342 3/8ths bull in Utah in 2005 so i was trying best that bull, did it by 2/8ths! Awesome hunt and had my dad watching the whole thing through the spotter.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is one fine bull! I live by the same motto, never stop shooting until they are on the ground. These animals are tough