2011 Public Land Archey buck

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only deer I seen in Norther Wisconsin in 59 hours from stand this fall. He happened to be the right one though! He came in to a rattle/grunting/chasing sequence at 3:30 in the afternoon. Grossed just over 160". The Sitka Open Country worked perfectly in the heavy timber of Northern Wisconsin. 8 yard shot. Hammer Time.....!

Attachments

• buck2.jpg
    buck2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 9
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks guys. He was a freak. His front left leg was busted clean. It had rehealed after shifting about 3/4" and overlapping, the bone then just fused together. Looks like he got hit by a vehicle, a long time back. Definitely one of a kind!

Lawnboi

WKR
Do you hunt the big woods? My oppritunities at whitetails around my home are dwindling.... Iv started scouting some of the big woods of northern WI, and have found a few spots that look like i may see a deer or 2.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes specifically the Northern big woods. Its a hard hunt right now, if your not a baiter. This was the ONLY deer I seen from stand up there in 59 hours sitting this fall! Wolves, bears, coyotes, and hunters have the deer knocked down really bad right now. The plus side to this is the bucks have to run more in the daylight during rut to find the does.