2012 Dall Hunt

ScottP

WKR
Awesome story. I've seen some of those photos over on OYOA, but never saw the full write-up.

I'm hoping to hunt dall sheep someday....minus the bear and shoulder portions, that really adds fuel to the fire!

cwh

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome write-up. Great story - you saw a little of everything.

7mag.

WKR
Fantastic write up, I really enjoyed it. Dall Sheep is my ultimate dream hunt, and your story makes me want to experience it even more. Congrats on the great double, and the upcoming baby. Good luck this year, and don't forget another story.

Cameron C

FNG
Great write up, kept me on the edge of my seat. Congrats on the sheep. Good luck with the muzzy.

OP
Bambistew

Bambistew

WKR
About time you posted that up on here! One of the better dall stories I've read.

So you headed in solo this year then? I did that a couple years ago, got a sheep and loved the experience. With two small children though, I try to play it a safe as possible now days and am taking my dad again this year.

Yk

Not going solo, have a good friend who's going. He's got first shot, as he's still a sheep virgin... hard to believe being from WY and all. :)

Definitely bringing crampons this year.

Thanks for the kind words. It was a great hunt and one I hope to repeat in the near future, minus a few things. Love every minute of my life in AK. Headed out tomorrow for a few days to scout a moose spot.

Snyd

WKR
Holy Moly! What a hunt! Twin broomers, wolverines, bears, glaciers, super cubs.... All you could ask for in a Great Alaskan Sheep hunt. Thanks for the write up. I hope your buddy scores this year.

You guys look familiar. You live in the Fairbanks area?