2012 Idaho bighorn sheep hunt

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, new to the forums, this place is kick a$$, enjoy my highlight clips from this years sheep hunt.:eek:

[video=youtube;pFWyABtd6E0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFWyABtd6E0&feature=plcp[/video]

Great video and great ram! Seeing as it's a once in a lifetime tag, you mind telling which unit that is? That is some unbelievable country and I'm just curious where it is!!

Mckinnon

WKR
Good video, looked like some rugged country. Nice ram! So it sounds like that was the only sheep you saw?

OP
muleymemories

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
Good video, looked like some rugged country. Nice ram! So it sounds like that was the only sheep you saw?

Yes, the only ram we seen. The first trip we seen plenty of sheep but no rams. It's massive country with very little sheep. Here's a video I put together of our summer scouting trip. We packed a little food in with the llamas but ended up leaving them at home during the hunt do to being mobile. [video=youtube;elUqobaHvh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elUqobaHvh0[/video]

huffmad

FNG
Nice Ram! I have spent quite a bit of time in there over the years. It is cool country. Did you guys see and big bulls or bucks? I have talked to a few guys that say there are big bulls and bucks in there. I have hunted the upper part some but only saw goats and sheep.

OP
muleymemories

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
Nice Ram! I have spent quite a bit of time in there over the years. It is cool country. Did you guys see and big bulls or bucks? I have talked to a few guys that say there are big bulls and bucks in there. I have hunted the upper part some but only saw goats and sheep.

We seen 1 six point bull and zero deer the entire trip.

OP
muleymemories

muleymemories

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for posting! What video camera was used? Very stabile images..

Canon VIXIA HFM30... it shoots excellent video but is only 15x zoom. I just sold it the other day hoping to find same quality but as least 30x zoom for capturing video across canyons.