2012 Kuiu line

sk1

WKR
so for those of you that haven't seen go check their blog for new stuff coming out and when expected...

i have a question on their shirt "Merino 185 Crew Tee: Available Late June"

how do you guys read that? at first i thought for sure it is a SS Tee shirt....now im wondering if it's a LS crew without the collar. can anyone clarify this?

I am guessing based on what other companies are doing and the fact that there isn't enough difference between and 1/4 zip and crew neck for Jason to make the two that this will be a SS 185 Crew.

Lawnboi

WKR
Dissappointed not to see a synthetic hat. Guess ill just wear my rokslide hat cause none of the synthetic hats iv ever tried fit my small head.

Only thing i may get is gaiters now.

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing to me is wrong with the zip, but in the lighter weight merino or any base layer I prefer just a crew neck. I am definitely on board for some boxers or a t shirt though.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's not to like about a zip on the merino? I'd rather see a t-shirt, hoody, or even better yet some boxers
Dang I thought it was a T.... Not to impressed with KUIU's ability to get new stuff and maintain stock. I think they are losing sales over this. Bummer cause I am big fan.

I think you have to remember that the company is only two years old. They are figuring things out and yeah they might lose a few customers due to the biz model but it is a company I support and will continue too. I am waiting to see what their gaiters look like before I purchase some.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
dang, i like having the crew option so that's awesome, but a tee would have been great....ohwell

Lawnboi

WKR
Dang I thought it was a T.... Not to impressed with KUIU's ability to get new stuff and maintain stock. I think they are losing sales over this. Bummer cause I am big fan.

I have not had any problem accumulating just about every piece iv wanted from them. I too would like to see more new stuff but its understandable cause if they went all out I'm sure the same thing would happen as this last year.

Lawnboi

WKR
looks like they are making synthetic fitted hats. Thats all i really want! Whys it so hard to find a good camo synthetic hat!

Hopefully they can pump it out before season starts. I dont like having a wet hat the whole trip after it rains the first day.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
looks like they are making synthetic fitted hats. Thats all i really want! Whys it so hard to find a good camo synthetic hat!

Hopefully they can pump it out before season starts. I dont like having a wet hat the whole trip after it rains the first day.

I was actually really impressed with the Core4Element hat I got on camofire, fit great and really light weight

Rizzy

WKR
The hats not out yet, they are just getting size recommendations right now for the first run I assume.

The gaiters are supposed to be out the end of next month, I'm looking forward to those, but I hope they are not too expensive. I noticed their prices overall have gone up this year, still a good value though.

Ozz08

WKR
Yeah its a ball cap I bought a few of them. They are pretty nice hats especially for $9. My dad really likes the one I gave him.