2012 Success pics post em up

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
DSCN2951.JPG

Eastern Wyoming

ElkNut1

WKR
View attachment 1528My daughter finally connected! 3rd day hunting! She missed a couple until it finally happened. She's not a bowhunter & at 35 this was her first Turkey hunt. I kept encouraging her to stay positive & we'd get it done. Where we live she had to climb 1000'-1200' each day to get to the birds, she took hers aprox 2 miles from the rig, 3rd time's a charm & I was major proud of here! She was a real trooper & could walk those hills like the dickens, she trained hard for it too! Let's just say she could keep up pretty good with her 57 yr old pops! On top of that I got it all on film, sweet!! It was a jake with a 4" beard & boy was she excited over it!! Thanks!

Congrats to all you guys getting it done, my hats off to you!

ElkNut1

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
Couldn't get out until late this year. Toms were mostly "Henned Up". Calling sent the Hens going in the other direction and of course the Gobblers followed. Had to resort to locating birds and getting in front of them.

IMG-20120428-00056.jpg

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
2 different sets this morning. 2 mature birds down! One double beard! Pics to come!

JNDEER

WKR
First bird of the season on public land!

Attachments

• hooks.jpg
    hooks.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 5
  • beard.jpg
    beard.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 5

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couple more birds down. Both these hunts were text book hunts and everything worked out perfectly!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is my final bird of 2012. My 2 1/2 year old daughter, Emmalynn, was with me on this hunt. We called the bird in and he held up at 35 yards and I made what I thought was a perfect shot, he stubbled off with my arrow not going far just out of sight. I gave the bird plenty of time and we walked over to retrieve him, wouldn't you know it, my daughter spotted him first. Once we were within 15 yards he jumped up and glided off the ridge down into a deep canyon. I put my daugther on my shoulders and down we went. I looked for him the best I could with a 2 year old with me! I returned the next morning and started doing a grid search and was able to find him after getting caught in a rainstorm. I sure wish I could have gotten the bird while she was with, but nontheless, it was a found bird! She was excited when I called her with the news and she still talks about it still today. It is another memorable hunt like every hunt I do, just a little more special this time! ;)

attachment.php

Last edited:
So proud of the wife!!! Been trying to get her an archery bird for two years now and we finally made it work out and got things put together!! Here is a BUNCH of photos I selected from the 200 I took :) I like taking pictures.

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9570.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg