2012 Success pics post em up

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got access to a ranch today that I haven't hunted but know holds a lot of birds! Gotta wait until after the 7th....can't wait!

Came home and shot the new Wac'em XL2's that Wac'em was kind enough to send me. Got them dialed in out to 70 yards. Didn't have to change my pins on me Evo from how it was sighted in for field tips! Heads fly great! Can't wait to put em to feather! Stay tuned.......

Last edited:

polandc

FNG
2012 Nebraska Bird

Shot this bird Friday in Nebraska 35 yard spot and stalk. 8 inch beard, 1+" spurs

Attachments

• nebraska bird 2012.jpg
    nebraska bird 2012.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

IAHNTR

WKR
Going 2nd Season myself which opens the 20th through the 24th. Taking a youth out this weekend though.

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck iahntr! My wife & I went backpack camping in yellow river state forest last weekend & they were going strong! Called some in just for fun!

dotman

WKR
Didn't end up getting out for the opener but on my way home tonight i was lucky and watched two jakes struttin their stuff in front of a few hens, it was really exciting!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went out scouting this morning on some property that I just got access to hunt. Got there right at first light and after a short hike I was amazed at what laid before me......the numbers of birds was more than I expected! Many would not believe me if I said how many full strut gobblers were in one field. The photos are of a few birds close by. Two more days and it's on! Opening day is not looking good for weather as it is supposed to be windy with a steady breeze of 30+ mph......yuck.....we will if I can still get it done!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

MJ from Oregon

Lil-Rokslider
I donated a youth hunt to the Oregon Hunters Association and this kids Dad purchased it for him. We were in a ground blind opening morning for Oregon Youth Season and this Tom decided to come to my calls and kick the crap out of my DSD decoy. He made a great shot at 20 yards with his 20 ga. Great kid with a good Dad!!!!

photobucket-7908-1333885365773.jpg

Sunday it was my Daughter's turn. We had a couple birds going early morning so we got close set up the decoys again and with the same results as the day before. This Tom got tough on the DSD and paid the ultimate price.

photobucket-6534-1333900277856.jpg

Just back from Kansas with both tags filled. First bird was 10 yards, the second was 45 yards! Now there's a whole lot more to the story, but you'll have to tune into Roe Hunting Resources for the full video story.

Attachments

• th_IMGP0382.jpg
    th_IMGP0382.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 29
  • th_IMGP0397.jpg
    th_IMGP0397.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 27

ElkNut1

WKR
Way to go guys, great job & congrats!

Mike, nice work there!!! Can't wait to get my daughter out there this April!

ElkNut1

IAHNTR

WKR
I went out scouting this morning on some property that I just got access to hunt. Got there right at first light and after a short hike I was amazed at what laid before me......the numbers of birds was more than I expected! Many would not believe me if I said how many full strut gobblers were in one field. The photos are of a few birds close by. Two more days and it's on! Opening day is not looking good for weather as it is supposed to be windy with a steady breeze of 30+ mph......yuck.....we will if I can still get it done!

attachment.php

attachment.php

That place is just filthy with birds. DANG!!