2012 success thread

Dead eye

FNG
My daughter shot a 400lbs bear but I'm not having any luck getting these damn photos to upload! Got great video of a big grizzly coming in when we were in the stand at 12 yards!

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My daughter shot a 400lbs bear but I'm not having any luck getting these damn photos to upload! Got great video of a big grizzly coming in when we were in the stand at 12 yards!

Try Windows XP Power Toys resizer. If you search "picture resizer" you should be able to find one that will work with the browser you use (compliments of Curtis C - for the info). The site is limited to photos under 2 MB. You might also be able to email them to yourself and reduce the size depending on which email program you use. Hotmail with silverlight will do it. Instead of attaching the file, select the attach photo option and some email programs will let you resize the photo. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Coop

Dead eye

FNG
Try Windows XP Power Toys resizer. If you search "picture resizer" you should be able to find one that will work with the browser you use (compliments of Curtis C - for the info). The site is limited to photos under 2 MB. You might also be able to email them to yourself and reduce the size depending on which email program you use. Hotmail with silverlight will do it. Instead of attaching the file, select the attach photo option and some email programs will let you resize the photo. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Coop
I have a new apple computer....any suggestions for it

keep

Lil-Rokslider
Here is mine from a couple weeks ago from this years hunt in Quebec. I'll let Ziggy post a pics of his first bear but here is a pic of mine

Attachments

• 2012 Bear at bait location e.jpg
    2012 Bear at bait location e.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 73
  • 2012 Bear Edmond e.jpg
    2012 Bear Edmond e.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 85

Jon Boy

WKR
Heres my buddies first bear we got over memorial day weekend in MT. First bear kill either of us had been on and we were ecstatic! It was a life long goal of his to get one and I was glad to help.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 85

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for Sharing Jon Boy - nice bear! You guys are in the club now - bear hunting is such a great way to spend time in the woods during the springtime! Careful though, it can be addictive!!

Matt Palmquist

Lil-Rokslider
No luck for me in ID....passed a few small bears for the future...I guess I was pickier than I thought I would be.

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
No bear for me, fall season opens again in august so we will see what happens. Great bears guys! Daniel

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We sorta got busy the last few weeks of season and took some real dandy bears...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Continued Below...

Love the color! Where do you live down there?

Thanks Ryan! I actually live in New Orleans, but have hunted elk and bear in that area of Idaho a few times. It's gorgeous country and I try and do at least one hunt (bear or elk) there every year. This was taken not far from the Lochsa Lodge if you've ever been in the area.

Dead eye

FNG
Grace's first bear and the 12 yard encounter we had with some serious competition!

First night in the tree stand and this thing shows up! I didn't think i was going to get my daughter shut down in time...she had the bear in her sights and i kept trying to get her attention not to shoot but the bear was only 12 yards away. I kept filming and she looked up at me and said "Grizzly huh" and i kept filming! I have some great footage of that bear! That was a scary walk out that night with a 12 year old and a muzzle loader! We kept coming back because of the picture of her bear she shot alive, what a stud! Great father daughter experience!

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 72