2012 Utah LE Archery Elk

Segan

FNG
IMG_0046.jpgIMG_0040.jpg
Here is my bull from this morning I guess it was my lucky day. Super Excited about it being my first big bull. I took him at 38 yards and had him last week at 29 with no shot option. Patients paid off for me and I'm grateful.

OP
S

Segan

FNG
Thanks I was alittle hammered last night when I got home. It was a long pack out but I was to stoked to not share. Iam also not very good at writing.

I was in a canyon first off in the morning and there were bulls bugling every direction. I messed around with a few bulls trying to figure out which one was the best. As I was headed down this ridge there was a bull that had a pretty sweet sounding bugle. I followed him down this ridge and realized he was headed down to water. I busted down the side to the canyon and raced to the water. I got there and within 5 minutes he was screaming his way in. I hurried and set up my camera on the tripod. Then he came up the other side of the water. He stood behind some trees for just a moment then dropped in and started drinking. I looked at my camera and noticed the view was obstructed by a tree so I slid it over a foot. I looked up and ranged him 38 yards double checked my range. I started my draw cycle and he flipped up his head and stared me down. I anchored in, picked my spot and let it fly. The bull went up into the trees 40-50 yards and tipped over. I had a great time and shot a bull with 2 days left. Im excited to add him to the collection and have a freezer full of meat. And the best part is I got it all on video, solo. Hopefully the hunting gods treats me this good the rest of the season. Good Luck to all still hunting and post them pictures.

KMT

WKR
Nice bull. It's tough mentally toward the end of the season and the days are slipping by. This bull was certainly worth the wait.

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
Way to go that is an awesome bull! Will the video be posted soon? Congrats on a successful solo hunt!