2012 Zeiss Victory FL 10X42 users

A good guy offered a great price for these, I have read a bunch of online reviews but most were from birders. What is your favorite part about these bino's? My wife and I quit smoking and I am going to use that $ to save up as a reward!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The FLs excel in two areas, IMO:

1. They are extremely bright in low light.
2. They control chromatic aberration very well.

Great bins.

shaun

WKR
A good guy offered a great price for these, I have read a bunch of online reviews but most were from birders. What is your favorite part about these bino's? My wife and I quit smoking and I am going to use that $ to save up as a reward!

First off congrats on quitting smoking. Best decision I even made! The FL's are killer glass period. BB sums it up nicely

Gman

WKR
Just looked through a pair yesterday morning and was quite impressed. If you're getting a good deal you won't be disappointed. Top notch glass.

OP
Jacob Chapman
When you guys say that they control CA well, what does that mean for someone who is an extreme nube when it comes to optics?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Jacob check out the articles "Optics: What are We Looking For" and "What aren't We Looking For" on the Optics page of the Rokslide.com main page. There is a discussion of CA there that might help.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Pretty good read, thank you! I'm excited to get my hands on these. I currently use some $50 Bushnell Auto-focus=painful haha. they work for turkey hunting for now I suppose.