2013 Carbon Matrix vs. Spyder Turbo

J-Daddy

WKR
Thinking about buying a new bow this summer and between these two...I like a little longer AtoA bow and I love Hoyt's...Don't know if I will get a chance to shoot a Turbo since my local Hoyt dealer seems dead set against the Turbo speed bows...said he had a Vector Turbo last year and couldn't sell it so he won't order anymore speed bows.
Between the 2 for the guys who've shot both which way would you go? Keep In mind I shoot a Vector Turbo now and don't mind the shorter brace height.

I shot the 2013 Element vs the Spyder 30 and bought the Spyder. The Element had a tad less hand shock, but the Spyder had a smoother draw...to me.

Whisky

WKR
I shot the 2013 Element vs the Spyder 30 and bought the Spyder. The Element had a tad less hand shock, but the Spyder had a smoother draw...to me.

I did as well. I thought the Spyder 30 had the smoother draw, and less hand shock...to me.:D

I'm a longer ATA guy too. My dealer won't get a 2013 Matrix in because they had a hard enough time moving a 2012. But the Element, they sell like hotcakes. I'm going with Spyder 34. Not even going to attempt to track down a new Matrix, as my experiences with the Element and S30 would probably mirror the Matrix and S34.

Sorry J-Daddy, neither one of us were probably much help!!

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
Just asked my string builder and he shot all of them at the ATA Show yesterday, he said the Spyder Turbo was his favorite Hoyt he's ever shot, and he's shot all of them...

Whisky

WKR
He didn't happen to give you a direct comparison between the Turbo and 34 did he? Or why did he like it so much? I've never shot one.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
He didn't happen to give you a direct comparison between the Turbo and 34 did he? Or why did he like it so much? I've never shot one.
No he didn't get into detail...I just shot him a text and asked if he shot them at the show and he said this about the Spyder Turbo "Best Hoyt IMO...Loved It"
"Way better than the other 2 Spyders"....That was it, that's all the info I got out of him tonight but I'll hit him up for more later.

gethuntin

WKR
Thinking about buying a new bow this summer and between these two...I like a little longer AtoA bow and I love Hoyt's...Don't know if I will get a chance to shoot a Turbo since my local Hoyt dealer seems dead set against the Turbo speed bows...said he had a Vector Turbo last year and couldn't sell it so he won't order anymore speed bows.
Between the 2 for the guys who've shot both which way would you go? Keep In mind I shoot a Vector Turbo now and don't mind the shorter brace height.

What dealer you visit? Have you tried Dakota Archery in Yankton? They usually have the full line up, not all that far from you.

jmez

WKR
Dakota Archery will have them. Scheel's should have them as well. Scheel's is usually a good place to shoot them because they carry about everything and you can shoot side by side. Then you can go buy from a smaller shop.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
What dealer you visit? Have you tried Dakota Archery in Yankton? They usually have the full line up, not all that far from you.

What is it, Archers Addiction or something like that...Big shop on the side of I-29 at the Renner/Crooks exit with the indoor ranges. He said he ordered in 1 Vector Turbo last year and couldn't get rid of it and he wouldn't be ordering any Spyder Turbos in for the shop since his customers don't like speed bows.
I need to head down to Scheels in Sioux Falls cause I think they had one in stock the last time I was in there and shoot it...
I might have to head to Yankton sometime and check that shop out...I've never even been to Yankton, I just moved up here about a month ago so I don't know where crap is, lol.

Whisky

WKR
Well damn....Just exchanged some texts with my dealer who is also at the show. He just got done shooting the Turbo, and thought it shot dang nice, pretty much identical to the Spyder 34. I don't know if he will, especially since he's sitting on a Spyer 34 for me, but I'm hoping he can get one it so we can do a side by side and make a decision from there.

The 6 vs 6.75 brace height. Big deal or not?

gethuntin

WKR
What is it, Archers Addiction or something like that...Big shop on the side of I-29 at the Renner/Crooks exit with the indoor ranges. He said he ordered in 1 Vector Turbo last year and couldn't get rid of it and he wouldn't be ordering any Spyder Turbos in for the shop since his customers don't like speed bows.
I need to head down to Scheels in Sioux Falls cause I think they had one in stock the last time I was in there and shoot it...
I might have to head to Yankton sometime and check that shop out...I've never even been to Yankton, I just moved up here about a month ago so I don't know where crap is, lol.

Yeah Yankton will be worth a visit. They have the headquarters to the NFAA just down the road from D Archery. Huge facility, been meaning to go but never had the time. It has a 77 yard indoor range. google nfaa easton yankton archery complex. i would show a link but i thought i read its not permitted.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
The 6 vs 6.75 brace height. Big deal or not?

Not a big deal at all as long as you shoot the proper draw length...If your one of those guys who shoot a 29" draw "because you always have" but you really need to be shooting a 27.5" draw length then a short brace height will probably bite you...With the correct draw length and half way decent form it's not an issue at all.