2013 Ford F250 6.7liter Diesel, any issues?

For those that have the above truck (4X4) or have had one, are there any known issues with them?
I am currently looking at one in the Platinum series that appears to have been very well maintained with 105,000.00 miles.

Wapiti406

WKR
I had one from new to 85k miles. Only major issues I had was that I had to have the radiator and water pump replaced and have a new pig tail put on the water in fuel sensor. It was a really nice pickup, I just got away from diesel and went to a gasser.

Marble

WKR
We had probably 6 to 8 of those trucks and they treated us really well. We've sold the last of them with around 200k on them. No major issues in the bunch.

We may have had a few more than that. That model ran from 11-16 IIRC. We buy around 3 to 4 every year.

I had a 2012 that i bought from the business and drove it around. Ended up buying a 2017 and selling the 2012. There are a few differences, but to be honest, I can't tell much of a difference between the two models.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ford went to a single turbo around 2015 and upped the HP and torque vs 2012-2014 if I remember right. My 2015 6.7 1 ton remains a great truck. Mainly gets used with the cab-over Northern Light camper and has over 100,000 miles on it.

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
My friend and his brother help their dad with construction and their cousins dad who has one hasn’t had anything major with that I know about. Their always hauling big loads of supplies for the houses, horse trailers and hay so it gets used for sure

I sold a 2011 last year. Bought new and sold at 275k. Replaced a turbo and did a dpf delete at 220k. Just drove it other than that.

grfox92

WKR
Thanks guys!!!!!
I am pulling the trigger tomorrow.
You won't be disappointed. I've never owned one personally but have been around them for years.

Ford hit a home run with the 6.7 a great comeback after the disastrous 6.0 and 6.4.

Talk about power also. An exhaust and a tune in my cousin's 4 door with an 8 ft bed was scarier then a truck that big should be able to move.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I had a 13 F250 from new to 100k and had to replace the radiator at 36k. Paint was gone on bottom side body panels from typical MI salt but truck was great. Replaced it with a 17 f250 and it has been the best truck I have ever owned. 22 on order.

OP
B
I had a 13 F250 from new to 100k and had to replace the radiator at 36k. Paint was gone on bottom side body panels from typical MI salt but truck was great. Replaced it with a 17 f250 and it has been the best truck I have ever owned. 22 on order.
I wish I could afford a 22, but it just is not in my budget at the moment.

For those that have the above truck (4X4) or have had one, are there any known issues with them?
I am currently looking at one in the Platinum series that appears to have been very well maintained with 105,000.00 miles.
6k on an oil pan ...

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned several from 2011 on up to 2017. All are very good trucks. I use only one of our local diesel shops for any repairs/maintenance. Owner is super knowledgeable and had some good advice when I bought the first 2011.

"With the 6.7L diesel, don't re-program that engine to hot rod it. That's when all sorts of things can happen. The engine has more than enough torque and horsepower for anything you will use it for. Just leave it alone and it will last. If you hot rod it, that's where problems will come."

With that advice, when I've bought used ones, I always ask or look for a programmer on the truck. If it has one, I walk away. YMMV

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Good motors. They upgraded the turbo in 2015. If you end up needing a new one you can retrofit the newer style into it. The 6.7's have been around now for over 10 years and have a lot of support.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
My service truck I drive is a 2014 F350 with 243000 miles and I would still drive it across the country. I started driving it from brand new. With the service body the truck weighs 11,000lbs, it tows trailers, and has spent its whole life driving down our deteriorating Nebraska roads.

We deleted the emissions after the warranty was up. Sounds like that is the key to not having engine problems down the road. If you can find someone to do the emissions delete on it the motor will last you much longer...

Your truck should have lots of life left in it!