2013 Girl Scout Cookie Drive for our Troops.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is our new Facebook page. Please like the page and share with your friends! We will keep updating everyone weekly as this goes on! https://www.facebook.com/GirlscoutCookiesForServicemenAndWomen?ref=hl

Last year we got started late and still sent 400 boxes to our troops!

Our goal this year is 1500 boxes. As you know at Rokslide we are big supporters of our armed forces, if you are willing to help out let me know!

I am a Personal Trainer so its a slippery slope for me to "sell" cookies, and in reality lots of people won't buy for themselves, but appreciate a way to give and show their support for our troops. My daughter is a Girl Scout, so what I decided to do was sell them for the troops. Who better than to receive a nice gift for their efforts, and I don't think they will have any problems working them off.

So what I have done is set up a fundraising effort called "Cookies for Troops". You can paypal me or send me a check made out to Girl Scouts. $3.50 per box. If paypal, please do it as a gift, and put in Cookies for Troops in the note box. 1 box or 100 the Troops will greatly appreciate it.

The cookies will be shipped all over the country. Thanks for your support.

Paypal to [email protected]

or Check/Money order payable to Girl Scouts and send to:

Les Welch
329 W. Wisconsin Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

Thanks, post here if you are in and for how many boxes, and if you have any questions. Thanks for your support!

Added incentive: Please pass this on to those who may not be members here at Slide. If anyone gets 100 boxes donated (cumulative) and 5 new members to sign up at Rokslide I will send you a RMEF knife and hat. Both brand new. Value is about $60 for the pair.If nobody makes the mark I will send it to the top person. Please post on here who donated cookies because of you, and how many. Also the new members.

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
If you are still doing this in a couple weeks I'm good for 10. My tractor ate $2800 Wednesday and I'm bust at the moment.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about the tractor Dave, that bites!

Yes this will be up for awhile.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please note the added incentive posted in the original description. If you get others to donate cookies and join the slide I am sending out some knives and hats!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Shaun, Rick, and Cody! Will post up when payment is received! Over 150 boxes this week-end alone. Great start!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey gang, we are over 200 boxes since Friday, with about 70 from Rokslide. Couple hundred views but only a few supporters. I know money is tight, and I appreciate that everyone is looking. Heck even if every viewer donated 1 box we would be over 200 from the Slide alone. I know personally that these service men and women really appreciate this. Thanks for helping out!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the support guys! Anyone who wants a receipt PM me your address and I will get it sent out. These are tax deductible donations.