2013 LIVE hunt CO w/ Evan Williams

OP
Evan Williams
Well today's action:

4 cows 4 does 1 fawn and 200 head of sheep!! If we don't start seeing some bucks tomorrow I'm gonna flip!

NOTE: take a LONG weekend somewhere to scout! Thanks to the few ppl I talked to that gave some info just VERY hard to hunt when the scouting on ground wasn't an option!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378175320.792767.jpg

OP
Evan Williams
Day 5 eating some lunch haven't seen an animal! Except for sheep! Going to drop down hit a stream follow it back might pack up AGAIN! Super frustrated

Hardstalk

WKR
Ha ha he had a Lab up there all bark! ;-) knew one word of English: Elk! Ya dude learn MULE DEER!

Nice! Most people think those sheep tenders are mexican. In reality most sheep outfits sub out peruvians and take pretty good care of them. But for the first couple years I was unaware. And thought that by yelling at them like I do with most spanglish speaking mexicans on jobsites they would get what I was saying. No go!

OP
Evan Williams
Ha ha ha yeah I knew he wasn't Mexican the stature and physical features weren't there. PLUS I know my Spanish isn't SO bad I any understand a WORD! I understood ELK in his vocabulary which isn't what you want to hear on a mule deer hunt!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Go Evan! I just found this thread. Keep at it. Can't wait to see what you guys turn up. I'll be checking back. God bless your hunt.

a3dhunter

WKR
Hey Evan, it could be worse....I spotted a real dark deer and a couple others from about 3 miles away, looking into the sun I couldn't make out the rack but saw antlers through the spotter so I headed up there. Got up there and waited all day for them to come back out, when they did I found it was a narrow and tall 3 point buck, wasted the whole day on that one.

OP
Evan Williams
Hey everyone sorry to leave everyone hanging...

Moved locations AGAIN! And got into some areas where I didn't have signal

Got home from round one last night. 10 days turned up 8 bucks 1 shooter 150" 3X a TON of does and forkies.

Trying to get back for a quick 3-4 day Thursday-Sunday so we'll see.

OP
Evan Williams
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378778858.192291.jpg

Last camp just over 13,000 above an empty basin. The next basin south held a doe. 2nd basin empty 3rd basin 2 bucks 140" 4 pts

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378778961.838819.jpg