2013 LIVE hunt CO w/ Evan Williams

Well it's here!! We've been dreaming and reliving our hunts of 2012 for 330ish days!

We've tweaked, tuned, timed, and honed our gear and equipment. We've pounded out time in the pool, on the trend mill or road, put miles on our bikes, and lifted to complete muscular fatigue and its all led us here!

Back to our favorite holes or for some :-D to new country all together!

Once again as we all prepare ( even though I know many of you have already hunted) I once again have a new deer tag in my pocket! This is my 4th CO Mule Deer tag now and my 4th unit. At least I'm seeing a lot of different country!

With no time this summer to scout I have relied heavily on my topo maps, Google Earth and three buddies who know the area.

Essentially my buddy and I are going in blind! But we're going to have fun!

I hope you all enjoy the thread! Ask questions! We all love talking hunting, gear, equipment, etc!

Best of luck to all this season!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377830264.768819.jpg

OP
Evan Williams
I haven't shot my bow in two weeks and speed goat hunting had only provided me with one "on the run" opportunity and I just wasn't about to loose an arrow like that.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad you decided to do a live hunt! Good luck Evan! Not drawing Colorado this year, I will be living vicariously through you! Keep the updates coming often!

OP
Evan Williams
So as ALWAYS I was packing the night BEFORE I left...I love procrastination! I have doctorate in it. This is what my living room looked like once I was the only one still awake!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377842279.585384.jpg

TXCO

WKR
Im right there with you Evan. I head up on Sunday. I havent scouted my new unit except from my desk since I moved away. I do have high hopes and know it will be great time. I hope we both come back with something fuzzy!

OP
Evan Williams
Well all it's now 730 am super overcast getting breakfast and rebuilding my pack real quick and hitting the trail! Service is excellent so far!

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Man I love these lives hunts! But it sure never helps my work productivity.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, I don't leave for 11 days, but I could walk out the door in 5 minutes...that would drive me nutz!!! Good luck.