2013 Northern California "My Story"

trkyslr

WKR
Good job buddy... I knew all them motivation kickings would get old and youd make it happen ;-) Im glad to share it with ya as you deserve it!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joe great story until you write, " For those who call him a Muley here kiss his ass." That is a stupid statement.

You killed an absolute stud of a CA buck and made a stupid statement directed at most CA hunters.

You are on an island if you think that is a blacktail. What does he score? CBH, P&Y and B&C. There are 3 guys who think these are blacktails.

You would garner more respect from people if you would call the deer you harvest what they are not what you want them to be.

It is actually not even debatable.

That is a superb CA Mule Deer and I congratulate you and would never pass a buck like that up in CA.

NWHunter

FNG
You guys kill some amazing bucks! Thanks for posting. What a dream season to get both your target bucks

OP
J

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you everyone. I forgot to add as I did on another site the "kiss his ass" comment was more of a joke amongst our close group of friends. I am sorry if I offended anyone. Everyone who knows me knows my type of personality and could see me jokingly saying that. So again I aplogize if anyone was offended not my intentions. I can see how that might get taken the wrong way if you don't know me personally. Good huntin!

Tag stew

Lil-Rokslider
Great CA buck! It really does not matter if you believe it is a blacktail or hybrid or muley unless trying to get him in the books, those are nice bucks! I have not figured out why people get so offended on this site about if someone says blacktail or hybrid? Its not like he said, he was going to enter his "blacktail" in the books.
Congrats!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great buck but also awesome harvest photos you put some real effort into them and it payed off huge. Excellent work

MattB

WKR
Great CA buck! It really does not matter if you believe it is a blacktail or hybrid or muley unless trying to get him in the books, those are nice bucks! I have not figured out why people get so offended on this site about if someone says blacktail or hybrid? Its not like he said, he was going to enter his "blacktail" in the books.
Congrats!

Great CA bucks indeed. It is curious that a word search shows that your post is the first to use the word "hybrid" in this thread when you look at the number of times "blacktail" is used.

Tag stew

Lil-Rokslider
I mentioned hybrid only because where I'm from (I'm guessing your from here too?) we either debate them as blacktail, mule deer, or hybrid. In no way trying to start any kind of issue. Just couldn't see why it was such an issue. To be fair I don't even know where these deer were shot(according to the I5 "decision making" border) . I have just noticed this has been commented on a few times(yes I know I'm fairly new) and was just asking why it is an issue.

OP
J

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
Gentlemen thank you. Tag Stew thanks for your comments as you said it's not an issue. A deer is a deer let the other guys get all worked up over it. Doesn't change my day. I hunt the deer and call them as they appear to me. I hope everyone else's season is goin well and be safe.

OP
J

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
I got together yesterday afternoon with zackman and had him put a tape to thunder. Zack is a certified scorer for P&Y. He taped him out at 162 gross. I know that's not official as he needs the dry period but good enough for me.

colonel00

WKR
Cool thread and hunts. I didn't see anyone else ask but I have to wonder if you were able to see any scars or evidence of where you hit the deer the year before?

I got together yesterday afternoon with zackman and had him put a tape to thunder. Zack is a certified scorer for P&Y. He taped him out at 162 gross. I know that's not official as he needs the dry period but good enough for me.

That's awesome! Awesome deer.