2013 Sheep--Who's Goin'?!

Jdog

WKR
Brother and I are scheduled to do a Brooks Range fly-in/drop off in Aug.

Need to upgrade a few pieces of gear this year--bivi tipi, possibly move to a synthetic bag, and I want to buy a Kifaru High Camp 7000.

Who is chasing rams this year?

Let the madness begin!

2007SheepHunt110_zpse45e7d2a.jpg

Snyd

WKR
Not sure where yet. We got 2 out of the Brooks on a walkin last year. I've got one from the AK Range also (DCUA walk-in). I'd like to get one from another range like the Whites or Wrangells. Was with a guy a few years back and we stalked a Wrangells ram. He was the shooter. So, I've packed a ram out of the Wrangells but would like to shoot one.

Then there's always a hunt in the back of my mind. Solo walkin with a revolver keeps calling me. Not sure if it'll ever come to pass though. Maybe walking with a buddy, find rams, split off and bivi up in the rocks for a few days or something. Hard to say.

swat8888

WKR
I'll be in the Brooks again this year so long as I figure out what's going on with my knee. Undecided if I'm going back with the bow again.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We will! I was shocked to learn I drew sheep tag (second year in a row! What were the odds?) so now we have a least two trips planned. I will go with Luke and some friends to the brooks as planned, but be last shooter in our group of four. THen head out to hopefully fill my late season sheep tag after we get back...

Might squeeze in another sheep trip to pack for a friend if time allows :) Love sheep hunting!

magpie

Banned
I'm going to go stomp around in the sheep mountains this fall, we shall see what comes of it!

Jealous of you Alaska folks. I feel that by the time I can afford it, I'm gonna driving a lil'rascal.

Kotaman

WKR
Got 3 Sheep hunts booked:

#1 - Leave Tuesday for Desert Bighorn in Sonora
#2 - August Dall and Grizz in the Brooks
#3 - Stones in Yukon in 2015.

Gonna try to work RM Bighorn or Cali Bighorn in there somewhere.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kota looks like you found the end of a rainbow. Hope you post lots of pictures. Will be interesting to hear what you learn on the first hunt applies to the next one and so on