2013 Turkey Harvest Pics

vcb

WKR
Well, I thought I would start a thread since it's season. Here is mine. It was a 5 day grind, DIY, public land. On day number five I shot this Nebraska gobbler at 24yds with a expandable broadhead. He went 15 yds. I wasn't successful pulling the Toms/Jakes away from the hens so after four days I was able to map they birds routine and moved my blind at night. I set it 20yds off the birds routine path in the morning and they followed the script perfectly! Turkey1.jpgturkey2.jpg

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats vcb!

Here is mine that I got in eastern Wyoming. Things have been kinda slow lately but I was able to sneak into 100 yards from the flock and set my decoy up where I thought they might be heading. Ten minutes later the two toms were right on my decoy for me to make the 10 yard shot!

DS7_6531.JPG

DS7_6513.JPG

DS7_6534.JPG

JNDEER

WKR
Nice job guys.

Here is my CA opening day Public land Tom. 10" beard, 3/4" spur, and 20+# bird.

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 117
WOW Ethan those are awesome pics!!

My wife shot her first turkey a few days ago..... All our boy's got to witness the action, it was a blind full to say the least!
It was a cold afternoon and started raining 5 minutes before she shot it so we couldn't get the best pics.

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Jake- Congrats to your wife, that's awesome the whole family was able to be there! Turkeys in the snow, I love it!

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
tagged out in cali

Attachments

• DSC07396.jpg
    DSC07396.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 116
  • editbird1.jpg
    editbird1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC07465.jpg
    DSC07465.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 111

zenshu

FNG
Any Colorado hunters having any luck? I haven't so much as heard a gobble hunting public land yet this year.

ckleeves

WKR
Any Colorado hunters having any luck? I haven't so much as heard a gobble hunting public land yet this year.

I have been out yesterday and today and all the birds I have seen have been really low still down on private in most places. In a few days it will pick up. They are gobbling good here, just on the wrong side of the fence!

Have a buddy who killed one opening morning.

It's only day two of the season. Patience my friend. I've hunted all season long before without seeing a bird only to kill one on the last weekend of the season.

TEmbry

WKR
Finally got one to play by the rules this evening. Second day of season back home in Kentucky. Ill be back at it in Alabama again next weekend.
8a4use3a.jpg

cnelk

WKR
Spent a long weekend in Nebraska with my son chasing birds with archery gear.
They werent responding to calling/decoying very much.
The weather didnt cooperate much either.
So I switched up tactics to the 12ga and finally got my my first turkey.

A nice tom with a 8 1/2" mop of a beard