2013 UT Mule Deer Pack List

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
Just an FYI in case you didn't know, you can post a direct link to the gear list with the pie chart from geargrams instead of the pdf list version. List looks pretty good, cant really add anything that the others havn't mentioned already.

This is the link i am talking about: http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=10956 Just use the copy list url to clipboard button at the bottom

I sold off my high country tripod and got the summit ss for a good price. Saved me a pound and I sure have felt like the summit ss is a much better tripod. Just an idea to save a pound.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Kicking around the idea of making a wood burning ikea stove to save some weight, anyone use one, my only concern is if I wanna make oatmeal in the mornings, makes it a lot less convenient.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
As for water, I'm probably going to bring two platypus bladders as the creeks and springs I'm looking at are fairly widely dispersed. For you guys that carry multiple water bladders because of the availability of water, what do you guys do with the extra bladder, strap it to the back of the pack?

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
Bladders generally fold up small and are light. You can stuff them anywhere. I use MSR Drom bags when I cache lots of water. Even if I had water readily available I would still bring extra bladders to cache water and keep from having to drag all your filter gear or chemicals out daily. Course if you are moving with you camp on your back you don't want to haul that extra weight.