2017 Montana Drawing

brocksw

WKR
The drawing has commenced. General tag results are out, I would imagine special permit results will be out later today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The drawing has commenced. General tag results are out, I would imagine special permit results will be out later today.

Couple of my friends didn't draw even general tags. Apparently there will be no left over combo tags for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
That's a first, it's been several years since that has happened.

Yea I can't remember the last time Montana combo tags sold out. Usually that's like guaranteed hunting

Whisky

WKR
You gotta be F'n kidding me. Not successful for general big game combo. Permits are pending. What does that mean, I'm screwed ??

You gotta be F'n kidding me. Not successful for general big game combo. Permits are pending. What does that mean, I'm screwed ??

If I'm not mistaken permits pending would mean you could still draw your limited entry tag but the General was drawn this morning. I'm fairly new to Montana but it's how I'm reading it also is we could still draw our archery only unit we put in for

Ghillie_55

Lil-Rokslider

Mine shows Elk drawing still pending, but general big game combo successful. If yours says not successful for general big game combo, they must have sold out this year.

Whisky

WKR
I guess the almighty question is can you still draw permits after being denied the general?

huntstrong, curious did your friends who got denied the general do a party app together?

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
I guess the almighty question is can you still draw permits after being denied the general?

huntstrong, curious did your friends who got denied the general do a party app together?

No, you have to draw general first.

We were both successful drawing big game combos. This is our first year hunting out of state and we are booked with an outfitter to hunt mullies in eastern Montana. Sounds like we should be very grateful that we both drew given that there will likely be no left overs this year.

If they sold out of combos will there still be left over deer tags? Or how does that work?

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
I think there is like 17k combos they sell and 4500 deer only tags. There isn't usually deer tags left over :(

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
What does this mean? I didn't apply for any permits just a deer combo. My brother has the same result
8c7c45a07e597f89798f77845ad5d4df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tony8108

FNG
Just talked to the Montana fwp and they won't be completely done with the drawing until the 20th or 21st