2018 Bear Success Thread

My husband got drawn for a special archery elk tag for last September here in western Washington. We spent the who;e month of September hunting that tag, so i brought my 30-06 along. The woods had been closed for fire danger, but the first day they re-opened we went in to check out game cameras. First we decided to look at this hillside that looked promising for bear. Walked in a couple miles fell on my butt while crossing a ditch getting ready to glass this hillside and saw a bear with my naked eyes. I got set up on a stump and got him just as he was heading into the timber. He rolled down the hill but got up so I shot him again, this time in the heart. weighed 120 lbs hanging weight. He was a 3 year old. Good eating!2018bear.jpg

About a week later we were walking up a logging road in the rain. When we got to the top the rain cleared and I saw a bear digging in a stump a couple hundred yards away. He disappeared around the back of it, i jumped up on a knoll and got set up. He came around the side of the stump and sat there facing us. Hubby said" I see him" but I already had my crosshairs on him and dropped him. It was a brutal climb up through the berries ripped my rain pants up . As we were going up a spike and couple of cows came out within bow range, but Hubby passed on him.
This bear was 130 lbs no head or hide, also a 3 year old bear.2018secondbear.jpg

loops

FNG
2018 BC spring bear, spot & stalk archery, 20 yard double lung.

m9Jm4S9.jpg

Rr5qiZF.jpg

Nice! Hopefully my son is old enough to go out soon and has an interest in it.

WTFJohn

WKR
First picture is at about a mile away last September in CO, closed to 20 yards and a single .45-70 gave me the chance to take rest of the pictures. First September targeting bears specifically, definitely not my last.

bWgKoYd.jpg

WDuxykg.jpg

ucqyUxX.jpg