2018 Best Sheep Photo Contest, sponsored by Kenetrek

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders! It's time for our 2nd annual Best Sheep Photo contest, sponsored by Kenetrek!

Rokslide member, aklogan, won last year's contest. His winning Dall sheep photo is pictured above. He just received his new Kenetrek Mountain Guide boot this last week. Hope to hear from him on how they're performing soon.

For this year, you can win YOUR CHOICE of any pair of Kenetrek Boots. The contest is similar to our Mule Deer, Elk, and Whitetail contests. This is NOT a biggest sheep contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2018 photo will be judged on the following criteria:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the horn tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the sheep, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of a sheep harvested in 2018

So if you kill a sheep in 2018, post up your best photo (one photo per person, per sheep, please) in this thread. Be sure and subscribe at "Thread Tools" top of this post so you're notified when someone posts AND when we announce the winner in December.

All fair-chase harvested North American Wild Sheep taken in 2018 are eligible for entry. Rokslide reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason if we think something ain't right!

So get the entries rolling!

*any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

Here are some of the reviews we've done on Kenetrek in the last year. Ross will reviewing their new Mountain Guide Boot in the next few months, too.

attachment.php

Review: Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Boots - Rokslide

Review: Kenetrek Hardscrabble Boots - Rokslide

Last edited:

dallen

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, we’ll start this one off. Mal all loaded up after another successful sheep hunt. August 12 Alaska range dall.

caa27e88d133fc9dee9011ce89dc9e9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I doubt that poor man's sheep count in the contest rules, but its the only sheep I'll be able to hunt for about 20 more years. Deep West Texas, February '18. Good luck guys!
84a2d03d14eba9276546810b227264ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Finally a real sheep to enter. Unfortunately it was pouring down rain. NWT 8/5/2018

8a130c4ee476e0c5bb6732cf9f79b977.jpg

Last edited:
39.5" and 14.5" bases, walk in hunt here in Alaska with a good friend. Sheep hunting sure is something...

attachment.php

Aubs8

FNG
I was lucky enough to take my second Dall in the Brooks Range during the first week.

Attachments

• 2018 AK Dall Original w spot.jpg
    2018 AK Dall Original w spot.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats everybody, really enjoying this thread