2018 Cold Bow Challenge

BigWoods

WKR
I joined this site last year just to do the challenge. I had lurked for a long time.

I have a low post count. Generally I use the search feature instead of asking a question that someone asked 2 months ago. I comment in a thread if I feel like I can be helpful. Guess I'm saying I don't know that I agree with a penalty to people who might not post all the time. If they are posting in the challenge they are still promoting the thread and adding to the content, same as the others.
I kind of like how they set up the new year with a bonus (as opposed to a penalty) for consistent contributors. My only concern is that it might result in a whole pile of junk posts over the next month (Another forum started requiring 20 posts to view the classified section and all the sudden there has been a storm of absolute mindless 'contributions').

I kind of like how they set up the new year with a bonus (as opposed to a penalty) for consistent contributors. My only concern is that it might result in a whole pile of junk posts over the next month (Another forum started requiring 20 posts to view the classified section and all the sudden there has been a storm of absolute mindless 'contributions').

That's my point. I don't comment on something unless I feel like it's helpful. But it is a penalty when someone receives twice the chances versus other individuals. It's not a big deal. I was a winner last year but never asked for the prize. I just enjoyed doing the challenge.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I joined this site last year just to do the challenge. I had lurked for a long time.

I have a low post count. Generally I use the search feature instead of asking a question that someone asked 2 months ago. I comment in a thread if I feel like I can be helpful. Guess I'm saying I don't know that I agree with a penalty to people who might not post all the time. If they are posting in the challenge they are still promoting the thread and adding to the content, same as the others.
It’s not a penalty, just a bonus for those who do post. And you sell yourself short if you think you have nothing to add to the conversations. We all benefit from other experiences.

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
I plan on doing the challenge this year. Only my second year bowhunting and I am way more a lurker than a forum poster. Do I need to start posting more to participate?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I plan on doing the challenge this year. Only my second year bowhunting and I am way more a lurker than a forum poster. Do I need to start posting more to participate?
not to participate, but we'd love to hear more from you as a new bowhunter. At least tell us how the challenge helped or hindered you once it starts. Thanks!