2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
I am just on the mailing list today they announced 30 new pieces available for preorder spring. We have heard of a hooded puffy of some kind as well as maybe a updated softshell jacket. Anyone else have input? Let’s hope First Lite gets it together for this launch and everything doesn’t sell out immediately.

Hunter6

WKR
In the email it states that they will have a booth at The Dallas Safariclub Convention. If any rokslider goes please take some pictures and report back. I’m sure there will be something that I can’t go without for next season.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Also says new base layers, if they have full side zips like kuiu I know what I’m buying.

Benjblt

WKR
I've been saying for that they need to put a good on their soft shell for years! Can't believe it took them this long .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
I know one thing is for sure I won’t be spending a dime on anything hunting related until I see this lineup. If I have to drop a 1000 dollars then. So be it. I just think fusion and cipher are superior to others IMHO.

nrh6.7

WKR
If they have a both, I'll probably head over for a look see. Right now they are listed as "pending" on the DSC convention site.

Hunter6

WKR
If they have a both, I'll probably head over for a look see. Right now they are listed as "pending" on the DSC convention site.

Awesome. Per their email they will be at booth 408 and 312.

Looking forward to your findings.

Anyone know when they’re going to start selling the new stuff?

Hopefully they have zip-off merino bottoms that won’t stop at your calves like Kuiu or, if they do, will have some stretch. I sent some back to Kuiu because they were ridiculously tight on my calves. I e got chicken legs so I don’t know how anyone wears that stuff. Worst design I’ve seen in a long time, IMO. Hopefully FL can do better.

Anyone know when they’re going to start selling the new stuff?

Hopefully they have zip-off merino bottoms that won’t stop at your calves like Kuiu or, if they do, will have some stretch. I sent some back to Kuiu because they were ridiculously tight on my calves. I e got chicken legs so I don’t know how anyone wears that stuff. Worst design I’ve seen in a long time, IMO. Hopefully FL can do better.

Same problem! Love the idea but even the XL 240 Merino bottoms are INSANELY tight when I am trying to zipper them around my calves and they have absolutely zero stretch. I have no idea how anyone can have skinny enough legs to wear those things!

If FL makes some the Kuiu ones will be in my rear view mirror for good.

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
Hoping for a hooded version of the Halstead fleece and possibly some lightweight synthetic base layers for when scent control doesn’t matter in hot weather like turkey hunting. I’m excited to see what they came up with!

I could care less what they make, I’d just like some merino that’s a little more durable and a sizing chart that is a bit more accurate.

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
I've never understood the desire for zip off baselayers after they came out with the puffy pants. Accomplishes the same goal, and you don't have the added step of dropping your outer layer pants. Knowing first lite, I'm guessing they won't be doing what another company is already doing. Can't wait to see, though!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I was down in Ketchum deer hunting in October. Stopped by First Lite and Kenton showed me whole line up. I am most impressed with the new Aerowool. They have some great new products coming out.

The Catalyst is the new soft shell. It's very packable and very warm and windproof for the weight.

The Chamberlin is the new heavyweight puffy. Kenton said its designed for glassing/long sits in cold weather. I used it in November on some freezing days around zero, and it worked as expected.

IMO the Aerowool was the best baselayer on the market before this year's upgrades. Now they use nylon instead of poly so it will dry faster and the durability will even be better. I was a little worried the poly to nylon switch might make it smell. But in my testing over the last few I see no difference.

I still recommend sizing down one size. But I had prototypes so that could change.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Does the Catalyst come with a hood and pit zips? Is First Lite releasing mid and heavy weight Aerowool?

The Catalyst has a hood, but no pit zips. But the jacket breaths incredibly well.

They are coming out with heavy weight Aerowool.

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm. Generally I'd prefer nylon to polyester for greater breathability and faster drying. But in this instance I'm not sure. The aerowool had 37.5 cocona, actual active transport of moisture, not just passive breathability. I know from experience the 37.5 in poly is way more breathable than any nylon I've ever worn. And it's crazy fast drying. As fast as any nylon pieces I've worn. I no longer see first lite listed as a partner on cocona's website. Makes me think the switch to nylon was not for the good of the product, but a result of losing partnership with cocona, and knowing nylon would be as close as they can get (but maybe not quite as good) to polyester with 37.5. That would also explain the need to come out with THIRTY new products. That's almost an entirely new line. Which also lines up with them saying they will offer never before seen low prices on 2017 line. I love first lite, but if it does turn out they no longer have 37.5, I'll be pretty skeptical about buying anything but straight Merino, or corrugates (already nylon) pants from them in the future. Definitely will buy just a little until I get familiar with new fabrics, at least.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk